[solution disable cache]Other users online can see what I have in my basket!

Started by pauletaylor, May 31, 2013, 11:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauletaylor

Strange one this....... My customer has brought to my attention the following issue:

Both he and somebody else were adding products to the basket, using different computers, on different connections, in different locations but at the same time.
However, when one person puts a product in the basket the other person can see their products rather than what they put in themselves? If you refresh your browser sometimes you can see what you put in yourself or sometimes it shows what the other person has put in! How can this be? Why would somebody the other end of the country be able to see what somebody else is putting in their basket if they are on the site at the same time?  The site is www.material-life.co.uk.
If anybody can shed some light on this it would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!

P

Peter Pillen

I can replicate the error and I think this is cache related.

Could it be that you have the cache enabled (or the joomla cache plugin?) ... better disable it.

A semi-solution is Jotcache with which you can exclude the cart from being cached.

pauletaylor

ok, great, and thank you! I will give that a go now and let you know.

pauletaylor

Looks like suggestions of disabling the System cache plugin has worked!! Thank you soooooooooo much for that!  :) :) :) :) :) :)