News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

PRICING CHANGES NEEDED ... HOW???

Started by ozzibo, May 30, 2013, 08:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzibo

g'day ... I'm in Australia.  We have a GST tax... (like the VAT) .. no prob's setting that up, EXCEPT ... on the website's products page in the store, it shows the price without the GST.  The prob is Aussie are used to paying the advertised price.. Example: item is total w/GST $200 ... store listing shows it at 180.00.  Upon purchase in checkout the final price is 180 + 20 GST ... but there would be heaps of unhappy, clients to be thinking that the $180 includes the GST.  Our previous VM cart system did not have this prob, as it showed full price on the store page, and then calculated the base price, + GST and then gave the full price on the invoice receipt .... Anyone, have a solution? or how to contact a VM coder?

cheer's,

Ozzibo

behemoth

configuration > configuration > pricing.

Check every price: one of them should give you the price with all the taxes applied. Display that one instead.

ozzibo

Thanks for your input.  Yet, I can make it price and tax correctly.  the prob is getting the product pricing to show for the combined base price and the tax in the store.  It only will show the base price.  It worked this way in the last version, but not in the new one.  cheer's,   james

behemoth

You got screenshots or examples? I'm not sure I understand your problem.

Do you have the tax set up? (products > tax & calculation rules)

Is that tax then correctly applied to the product?

I've recently set up a number of site with different price/tax displays - some with tax included in the displayed price and some without.