News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Desperately trying to get Tax by Shopper Group to work

Started by rodfarrell, May 31, 2013, 03:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodfarrell

I've literally been trying to get this to work for months now and have tried every configuration I can think of.  The project is now as breaking point.

I have two shopper groups in the same country.  One group pays tax, the other doesn't. I need to charge GST (vat/tax) at the product level so that we can integrate sales with the clients accounting software (need tax per item).

I have created two tax rules.  One 10% for shopper Group A and one 0% for shopper group B.  If shopper group A's tax is calculated as Tax per Product or VAT per Product,  ALL shopper groups are charged that rate.  The only way the tax will calculate correctly is if I calculate Shopper Group A's tax as Tax per Bill but that is not acceptable for the reasons above.

VM 2.0.20B but has existed in at least two prior versions, Joomla 2.5.11

rodfarrell

Figures.  we'll just put this down as another "feature" that doesn't work in a generally crappy product.

jenkinhill

It is working OK for me using VM2.0.21c - I only have the one rule set up, to charge tax per product assigned to the taxed shopper group. I don't need another tax rule (for zero) as the default is for no tax to be charged. The prices display and are charged correctly.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member