Bugs in cart view when adding shipping address + address not shown in cart view

Started by lindapowers, December 22, 2012, 14:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindapowers

Using Joomla 2.5.8 and VM 2.0.16
Hi

1 - When you click "add address" in the cart checkout the new address appears all filled up with the one you just created.

This could lead to confusion for customers.

Seems as if you were editing the last shipping address that you entered but when you save the new address with different values stores as a different address.

2 - Shipping addresses are not selectable in Cart view (as is used to be in VM1.x)

Instead you get all the address expanded but no way to select another address you may have saved unless you click in add address.

First logic question is how is a customer supposed to know he can choose an address from the button "add address"? More confussing even is the fact that clicking there shows the shipping addresses saved at the botom of the page.

Dont know if I make it clear enough, customers won't know that they have their shipping address already saved if is not visible in the cart.

Solution could be either make all the shipping addresses saved show as VM1.x (where they all appeared and you chose one of them) or even better a button "select shippment address" with a dropdown list just under the x selector for "user default adress - same as bill to".

There should be a difference between add shipping address and select shipping address, is quite confusing the actual system.

IMO This would make the cart so much simple and intuitive for customers.

Regards

Milbo

I understand what you mean, I noticed it myself watching my wife using amazon and choosing different ST addresses for our christmas gifts. I agree we should enhance this asap. Also that people must enter a name. I should write an autoname creation method.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lindapowers

Thanks Milbo looking forward for this cause we don't wanna use any external one page checkout buggy components and I think just 2 dropdown boxes for shipping addresses and payments will keep the VM2 one page checkout layout and will make the checkout process so much simple for customers.

Regards

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0