Main Menu

description missing on VM front page

Started by Jacobus, May 20, 2013, 22:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacobus

Joomla 2.5
VM 2.0.20b

Hi,

after setting up the Joomla and VM system and adding a few product categories and products in VM, I am now trying to add a description to be displayed above the product categories on the VM front page. But the description will not show! As I understand the structure, the edit of this main description should be achievable by navigation to

VirtueMartControlPanel / Shop / Description

and then adding a text into the description textbox. But anything I type here does not change a bit of the public web site on the products page.

Here you find the resulting site displayed: http://www.micromodules.org/index.php/products

I would expect any text to show above the categories "Motherboards", "Modules" and "Accesories".

Is this problem known? Is there any solution?

Thanks
Jacobus

jenkinhill

Is you products menu link set to VirtueMart home page? Are you adding the shop description as Vendor? Do you also see the Additional Information tab on the shop page?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jacobus

Hi jenkinhill. Sorry, somehow there was no auto-information about your post. Thanks for your answer :-)

Quote from: jenkinhill on May 20, 2013, 23:11:19 PM
Is you products menu link set to VirtueMart home page?

My products menu link is set to "VirtueMart >> VirtueMart Categories Layout"

Are you adding the shop description as Vendor?

yes, I thought so.

Do you also see the Additional Information tab on the shop page?

On the "Additional Information" tab on the shop page I don't see any field for adding an overall categories description.

Any suggestions?

jenkinhill

You should use the Front page VirtueMart menu link. You can set what displays on the page in Configuration/templates. Show Store Description should be selected under VirtueMart Home Page Settings.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Jacobus

Quote from: jenkinhill on May 25, 2013, 11:00:06 AM
You should use the Front page VirtueMart menu link. You can set what displays on the page in Configuration/templates. Show Store Description should be selected under VirtueMart Home Page Settings.

thank you so much :-) . It works as you described.

Jacobus