News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Problem module categories

Started by cehl, May 09, 2013, 01:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cehl

Hi, I have tried by all means delete the module "Categories" of virtuemart but I can not. I edited the file: components \ com_virtuemart \ views \ virtuemart \ tmpl \ of fault.php and commented this line:
/ * If ($ this-> categories) echo $ this-> LoadTemplate ('categories') * /

but I can not delete the module, please help!

jenkinhill

Unpublish the module in Joomla's Module Manager.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

cehl

Hi, I haven't module in the category in joomla modules manager, I have unpublished all joomla modules for testing and still appears, I think it is problem of virtuemart, the option "show categories" ignores me, select the option or not select, it always appears in the category module.

jenkinhill

Do you actually mean "modules" or something else. The word modules is a very specific term and should only be applied to actual Joomla modules. eg mod_virtuemart_category or mod_weblinks
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

cehl

Hello, first thanks for your attention, it's actually an option that appears going to components -> virtuemart -> configuration -> templates. Appears an option "SOHW categories" on the right. I deselected this option but I still see ... so i searched the forums and wanted to play the virtuemart code if I can not appear but do not work ...

I leave you my page to see it and understand it better, is the "module" below: www.jsm-informatica.com

jenkinhill

So it is nothing al all to do with modules.

That home page looks like you are using template overrides -  a commercial template theme?  The default (supplied) VirtueMart homepage template contains the following code to decide if categories should be shown.

if ($this->categories and VmConfig::get('show_categories', 1)) echo $this->loadTemplate('categories');
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

cehl

If it's a commercial template. I went to the template php file in / templates / (template_name) / html / com_virtuemart / virtuemart / default.php and had this:
if ($ this-> categories) echo $ this-> LoadTemplate ('categories');
and I've changed what you said:
if ($ this-> categories and VmConfig :: get ('show_categories', 1)) echo $ this-> LoadTemplate ('categories');

And it works! I'm really grateful, I was going crazy!
Thank you very much  ;D