News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

No automatic order confirmation is sent

Started by Gijsgijs, April 25, 2013, 16:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gijsgijs

Hi,

I configured, when a product has been bought on successfull payment, the order status must be set to confirmed.
And that is actually working but neither the client and me are getting any confirmation email, only the registration email is sent.
When I set it to shipped, the emails are sent.

When I configure the bought products on pending, their are no emails sent either but when I set it manual to confirmed, the emails are sent fine.

There are some other posts about this but I can't find any solution about this.
Any help would be appreciated! thanks!

jenkinhill

Firstly, http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=79799.0

Have you tried changing the setting for "Use the vendor email address" in Config/Shop?
Is "Default Order Status to send an invoice " properly set in Config/Checkout?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Gijsgijs

Sorry, forgotten
Joomla 2.5.9
Virtuemart 2.0.20b

Yes, I tried that and the check out page is configured correctly, set to Confirmed.
Very strange right.

I don't understand, everything is working properly except this very important task because these are virtual products (non virtual isn't working either).

I hope you have some more ideas

Gijsgijs

Anyone who can help me? Still didn't fix it..

Gijsgijs

So I guess you guys don't know the solution either?
Could I solve it maybe with some email manager? Anyone had this problem before?

Thanks.

jenkinhill

The sending of mail is triggered by the payment plugin, so maybe check that.

This may not be your issue, but I helped a guy who had similar mail problems to you simply by packing his site into Akeeba and moving it to a new host. Once installed all the emails worked perfectly, so the only conclusion there was that the old server setup was the problem - it was a cheap service, so no help from their "tech" people.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Gijsgijs

Thanks!! You pointed me in the right direction.
I tried the standard VM payment method and the emails are sent fine!

So I guess it's the iDEAL plugin that is not working properly. I emailed them for support.
Thanks again!

Gijsgijs

And now I had a lead what the problem was, I did some other search and found this thread that fixed my whole problem:
https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99116.0

And these lines:
QuoteI got my idealcheckout plugin sending confirmation e-mails again after changing the following in line 307 of /plugins/vmpayment/idealcheckoutideal/idealcheckoutideal.php
(using Virtuemart 2.0.8 and Joomla 2.5.6)

$aOrder['customer_notified'] = 0;

into

$aOrder['customer_notified'] = 1;

So everything is working fine now (still with the same host)