News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM2 Search in shop problem

Started by borro, April 25, 2013, 09:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

borro

Hello, friends.

Do you know why does embeded VirtueMart Search Product module for VirtueMart 2.0.18a not search products by names when you using capital letters in search phrase? Although products have capital letters in their names.
e.g. product has a name "PRODUCT NAME". If i use "product name" or "Product name" module will find the product. But if I use "PRODUCT NAME" there is no result for the search.

And this is true only for russian letters and may be for all other nonenglish letters

Did you see some topics about this issue?
Something strange has happened. Now everything works fine. All I did is switched to English in My profile section Joomla admin panel, then I created product with english letters in its name with all big caps and tried to find it. After that I switched back to russian language and tried to find products with all caps in russian letters.
strangely ...

Thank you
Wish you happiness!

scotous

I also have the same problem in Virtuemart 2.0.22a

If I have a product with the name "Colgate"
and search for e.g. "Colgate" it will find it.

However if I search for colgate it wont.

is this is a vm bug or a server option?

ren3784

Hello!

I wanted to know how to add manufacturers to the Joomla normal search function. Visitors know the artists they're looking for and the normal Joomla search does not include manufacturers or their related jewelry in the list. I can read PHP pretty well so I can find where to place any new code if anything. I'm just not sure where to look. Does anyone know what I can do? Thanks so much!
Renee Heyward
Developerz Block
http://developerzblock.com