News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Cannot change currency from Euro to USD

Started by gamingjerseys, April 12, 2013, 04:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gamingjerseys

I am trying to change the Shop currency from Euro to USD but it simply will not allow it. I'm clicking the Shop link, then under the Vendor tab changing the default currency. Right after I click Save it reverts back to Euro.

If someone can help me it would be much appreciated!

jjk

Which version of VirtueMart are you using? I suppose you are selecting the currency from the 'Currency' dropdown list only while the 'List of accepted currencies' is empty and then click on 'Save'. In this case it will show the default currency "Euro" in the accepted currencies field. Note that the 'Currency' is used for price calculations in the shop, while the 'Accepted Currencies' are what you allow your customers to pay with.
Normally you have to select "USD" in both fields and then click on 'Save'.

BTW - I clicked on your website. What is the reason that you are converting from Hikashop to VirtueMart? I'm just curious, because often we read in reviews that novice VirtueMart shop designers come to the conclusion that VM is too complicated compared to Hikashop (they are unable to handle VM's flexibility).
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

gamingjerseys

I'm switching to VM because I need more flexibility.

In the back end of VM I click the Shop link, then under the Vendor tab I am trying to change the currency. Right now it is set for Euro, but when I change it to USD and click save it reverts back to Euro.

As a matter of fact it will not let me change any of the information in the Shop. When I select the Additional Information tab and try to enter in all of my store information and click save I receive this error:
JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 42

jjk

Quote from: gamingjerseys on April 12, 2013, 18:19:09 PM
JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 42

You are not the first one with this error message. Please use the forum search feature. I'm shure you will find the solution quickly  ;) (I would have to do the same to find an answer)
And just in case, make shure you are using the latest VirtueMart version (2.0.20.b)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum