News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Multi-language Product-Description Problem

Started by yiorgos11, April 02, 2013, 17:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yiorgos11

Hi,
I am using joomla-2.5.4 and Virtuemart 2.0.20b.
My site and products are in Greek, English and Arabic (Greek is my default language).
As I try (in back-end) to change an english product-description, although it sould come the english-translation, there allways comes the greek translation...
The same happens while I try to change an arabic product-description, it allways comes the greek translation...
Is there a solution on this problem?

jjk

When Greek is your Joomla default site language, the language you will see when editing a VirtueMart product is Greek. When you select i.e. English from the dropdown list, it will switch to English (with english flags for the translatable fields). When you click on "Save" after typing your english text, it will switch back to Greek automatically. To see the English text in the backend editor again, you have to select English again from the dropdown list. If you want VirtueMart to stay in English (for example when you want to add many english product descriptions in a row), you have to change the Joomla default site language to English temporarily.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations