News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

One Payment option only

Started by kellym62, March 21, 2013, 17:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveOzric

Hi, could it have something to do with guest checkout? I am using a gateway processing plugin that authorizes the payment on this site. PayPal would not have the CC info to fill in, correct?

Even if you just continue to checkout when you get to the payment part, it shows only the one option but you have to tic the radio button or it will not work. Actually nothing happens so the person will be totally confused.

What else could I be missing??? I am sorry, but the documentation could be more specific on things that need to be configured. I realize it's free...

DaveOzric

I guess I can assume that this is a bug and the developers have no concern for the users of this extension. I have managed to overcome most of the other issues using language overrides and css but this is not possible with those methods. After spending countless hours trying every last possible thing I can come up with I will have to give up. I guess it's time to write some reviews describing this experience so others may be able to avoid this headache.

Disappointing to say the least.

AH

Please write your experiences for the First Data plugin that you are using.

• Providers
  • Cost
  • Support provided directly by the providers
  • etc.

Not sure who the developers/providers are but you seem not to be able to contact them directly?

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

DaveOzric

Hi Hutson, I don't feel it's a problem with their plugin. Everything works it's simply that I cannot avoid the customer having to select the single payment option. If that radio button was not being forced on them it would be fine. But if you don't select the button it won't process and there is NO error either. I did test this on a site and it did the same thing with a per-installed payment option. I believe it was authorize.net?

The documentation does not address this and since the TOS setting is ignored I figure it's the same issue. e.g. I cannot turn off the TOS either.

Thanks

[attachment cleanup by admin]

rayge

I am having the same issue.
And in components/com_virtuemart/views/cart/tmpl/select_payment.php it shows
    echo "<fieldset>";
foreach ($this->paymentplugins_payments as $paymentplugin_payments) {
    if (is_array($paymentplugin_payments)) {
foreach ($paymentplugin_payments as $paymentplugin_payment) {
    echo $paymentplugin_payment.'<br />';
}
    }
}
    echo "</fieldset>";

which doesnt help me find where the code it to fix since its not in this file.

WHAT CAN WE DO??
I Use: Joomla 3.4.1 & VM 3.0.9

AH

Hmm

Just had a look and yes when only one none- paypal item is enabled you get the image you have shown and have to check the radio button.

Yep I think it is a bug!

Works fine if only Paypal is used

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

DaveOzric

Thanks for stepping in and looking at this. I spent enough time on this already.

AH

I would post it in the bugs section
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

DaveOzric

Can you just move the whole thread there?

lukelee

Has anyone figured it out? I am only using paypal, but still have the problem.

AH

Make sure you unpublish the other payment plugins in joomla

and payment methods in VM
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

lukelee

Quote from: Hutson on May 31, 2013, 11:08:05 AM
Make sure you unpublish the other payment plugins in joomla

and payment methods in VM
I only use paypal.

tmdonovan

I am having the same problem - only 1 payment method (authorize.net) and Enable Automatic Selected Payment is checked in Configuration/Checkout.  I am not using any payment method plugin, just the base VM capabilities.  If this is a bug, any idea when it will be fixed?  If it's going to be a long time, then I will have to modify the code myself and would prefer not to change the core files.

Joomla 2.5.11
VirtueMart 2.0.21b

Thanks!

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

berlbear

What's the eta for fixing this? Or has anyone come up with something elegant?