News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

One Payment option only

Started by kellym62, March 21, 2013, 17:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellym62

:)I have a joomla 2.5.9 site with Virtuemart 2.0.18a and I only need to use Authorize.net  as my payment option, the problem is, you still need to click the radio button to select it, which is confusing to customers since this is the only payment option, Is there a way to code this so it is automatically selects when the customer get to the payment option?  I apologize if this is the wrong place for this question but I desperately need help since my site is going live soon,

Thank you in advance for any help or direction with this.

Kelly

jenkinhill

Select "Enable Automatic Selected Payment?" in configuration/checkout
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kellym62

jenkinhill,

Thank you so much for getting back to me but, I just checked and it is selected but I still get a payment radio button next to it

kellym62

jenkinhill,

Thank you so much for getting back to me but, I just checked and it is selected but I still get a payment radio button next to it

jenkinhill

Are you using template overrides? On my sites with just one payment method and Automatic Selected Payment enabled I do not get a radio selector - all are using VM2.0.20b
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kellym62

I'm so sorry but I don't know what template overrides are, Im using version 2.0.18a and I am using a template but I don't think that would have anything to do with Virtuemart or does it? Thanks for any help with this

jenkinhill

If you are using a commercial template suitable for or designed for VirtueMart then you will almost certainly be using template overrides. Simple way to see if the issue you have is caused by template problems is to switch the Joomla template to Beez20 and test with that.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

ekovax

I'm having the same problem with Enable Automatic Selected Payment not working, even though I have only one payment method (authorize.net). I'm using Joomla 2.5.9 and Virtuemart 2.0.18a and RocketTheme's Panacea as my template. I tried taking off input styling to see if that would take care of things, but all it does is make it more clear that it is a button rather than just a gray circle. Any ideas?

DaveOzric

Any resolution to this? I am using a test site with no other extensions and the beez template. The radio button is still there. What else could be affecting this? Must be something if jenkinhill can do it.

Thanks

jenkinhill

I have seen that this can also happen if you have set a Minimum/Maximum Amount in the payment plugin.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

DaveOzric

I cannot get this to work with any payment option. All default beez20 template no overrides, etc. My First Data plugin has no price fields. I tested with the authorize.net set to default (no minimums) and it still shows the radio button. I have no other extensions installed so it's not a conflict with that.

This is also happening with the TOS stil showing the checkbox.

My setup for this particular site is just a super simply ticket sales for events at this point. They want to avoid any confusion during checkout. The TOS can be worked out with the text next to the checkbox if need be. Having to select a single payment option when there is no other choice is confusing. Will also reflect poorly on us as not well thought out.

I would very much like to get this running soon for them. What else could it be?

Joomla 2.5.11
PHP 5.3.24
VM  2.0.20b
http://cosmicperception.com

DaveOzric

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

DaveOzric

Hi again, I am not sure how this can be so confusing. Many hours trying to figure this out and it is just not making sense. Why exactly is it if you set the shipping and payment options  Enable Automatic Selected Shipment? & Enable Automatic Selected Payment? to yes (checked) it still shows that you have to select and option??

[attachment cleanup by admin]

DaveOzric

I could really use some help. The documentation is pretty vague on setting up a product. Is is possible I am missing a simple step like connecting this to some other piece? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jenkinhill

Here is a pic of a site I am just finishing. It has one shipment method set up - free shipping, and one payment method only, PayPal.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK