News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Help - Virtuemart installation issue

Started by miromst, March 21, 2013, 13:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miromst

Please can anyone help me. I'm a newbie and I have tried to install Virtuemart on very fresh site but I'm getting message as per attached picture and then when I click on virtuemart under component menu, it will give me 404 error.

Any Ideas please?

Thank you,

Miro

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

miromst

Dear Kelvyn,

Thank you for your advice. I have tried it, but no success. Have you got any ideas?

Thank you,

Miro

jenkinhill

You really need to start from the beginning, with a fresh Joomla installation, as you may not have the knowledge to remove all files from failed VM installs and also correct the database entries.

It is possible that your server does not have enough php resources to enable a large component such as VirtueMart to install.  You may need to upack the file package and ftp onto the server before installation. See:  http://www.phoca.cz/phocagallery/478-how-to-install-large-components-with-help-of-ftp-in-joomla
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum