News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product Prices Not Displaying in Frontend or Backend?

Started by webzight, March 18, 2013, 23:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webzight

Went out to look for a price on an item on the site in question and noticed that while all the other product info was there, the price was absent and upon further inspection noticed that all prices where missing in action. :(

Horrified I went to the admin section and to the VM2 product listings, I was further stunned to find NO prices for any of the items showing there either :(

I quickly logged into the database to see if the "product_prices" table had been violated but it looks fine, all the prices seem to be intact ???

This fault occurred while I was running under 2.0.18a and I recently upgraded TLV, but the same results exist! No Product prices front or back end :-\

I have tried to regroup and figure out what silly thing I could have done to cause this anomaly, but for the likes of me I cannot :-\

Any ideas or suggestions  ???

JMLA 2.5.9; VM 2.0.20
May the Cloud be with you :)

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

webzight

Thanks Kelvyn for the reply

I can see the prices when I go to the individual product details in the back-end but no prices appear in the product listings or as I said in the front end.

I tried to go to the page you linked to as an example but got an Error 404 instead  :-\

I understand the proposed fix but I am also reticient to use same as some of the follow on comments are against doing it that way ???

jenkinhill

They had other problems causing the issue. But like always with Joomla, you are testing all this on a backup of the site before applying updates to the live site?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

webzight

This is not testing this an actual live site that has been up quite some and was working just fine the last time I checked, but now this :-\

I am very concerned that I have been hacked again :-\

webzight

Kelvyn,

I tried both of the fixes on the forum page you suggested, yours and Milbo's, but neither of them worked  :(

Still no prices showing in the Product List or on the front end in the shop  :-\

http://cambriaproducts.com

webzight

This is getting worse instead of better.

After using the fixes suggested I got the following alert on the Front end:  "Attention no standard shopper group set"

I assume by standard it means "default" shopper group, I wish things would say what they really are and not synonyms, so I went back and set a "default" shopper group but I still get the same alert.

Now what ??? 

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

webzight

Why can't I just go directly to the database and make the config changes rather than using some scary looking "tools" that perform global resets of everything ???

webzight

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 19, 2013, 23:51:43 PM
For no shopper group:  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97643.15
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99369

Okay I tried out the suggested "tools" and that process got rid of Standard Shopper Group alert in the front end, but I am still @ square one with the prices not displaying in the front end product descriptions or BE Products List.

jenkinhill

Can you check that your currency & currency layout is properly set (there has been just one report of a problem with this).

How do your product price settings appear (apart from the £) compared to this:

[attachment cleanup by admin]
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

webzight

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 20, 2013, 10:05:14 AM
Can you check that your currency & currency layout is properly set (there has been just one report of a problem with this).

How do your product price settings appear (apart from the £) compared to this:

Your right Kelvyn it was the currency configuration, it seems I did not have the Positive/Negative Format information configured!

I thought I had the currency issue covered as that was one of the things I first looked at when this popped up, although I did not think ATT that it would affect the BE Product List prices ???

From now on I'll know when and if I see this happen again  ::)

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK