News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

State field is not populating in account details page

Started by kavitha_roopkumar, March 15, 2013, 19:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kavitha_roopkumar

Hello,

I am a beginner to virtuemart development. I am now using virtuemart 2.0.18 in Joomla 2.5.9.

I have problem in virtuemart cart flow. The state field is not getting populated on filling up bill to and ship to details.
I tried the options Activate Javascripts at the shop configuration and also enabling the "Language Javascript Fix" on Checkout tab but it doesn't solve my issue.

I am using rocket themes template and the website only has gantry framework js enabled.

This is a serious issue for me because this stops the new user registration on the shop.

Please help me on solving this issue.

Thanks.

PRO

sounds like a javascrit conflict.

and are they choosing the state field?

do you have the JS for countries enabled?

kavitha_roopkumar

Yes. I have all js enabled on the configuration setting of virtuemart

kavitha_roopkumar

After I select Country field state field is not at all populating. Its still showing -Select- because of this new user registration is not possible on virtuemart.

jenkinhill

Test using the Beez20 template. If the state field works there then the issue is most likely a JavaScript conflict with your Joomla template.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kavitha_roopkumar

Hi jenkinhill,

Disabling my gantry framework doesn't help me to solve the issue. I have solved it in different way. Here is the the step that I followed to solve my issue. This may help some one who looking for it.

1. On Virtuemart Configuration > Go to SEO tab. Check the "SEO Disabled" option. By doing this setting has solved my issue.

2. Also make sure you have enabled all js option in template tab and disable "Language Javascript Fix" in Checkout tab.

Feeling happy after getting it solved. Thanks for all of your reply.

Thank you virtuemart team. Its a awesome component.