Select shipping & payment does not update on cart until refresh.

Started by WebMercher, February 25, 2013, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WebMercher

Hello all, have a checkout problem with saving payment and shipping. If anyone can help, please advise.

Joomla! 2.5.9
VM 2.0.18a

Customer view: Customer has to save settings twice before they can see the changes.

The customer chooses shipping or payment method and saves but sees "No shipment selected"  or "No payment selected", which makes them think the data is not saved so they do it again and see that it now shows up.  Simply clicking on the View cart link to refresh the page does the same thing; it shows the updated shipping or payment without saving it twice.

So, When saving "Change Shipment" or  "Change Payment", the data is updated in the database but not updated on the cart page until you refresh it (click on cart button again.). 

Is there a refresh code I can use to fix this or is this a configuration/menu conflict?

Thank you

WebMercher

P2 Peter,
Thank you for the response, no, i have it set like another site i have, no cache.

Peter Pillen

maybe check your backend configuration of the virtuemart shop.

virtuemart > configuration > tab "template" has a checkbox to use the page scripts to update your cart automatically. Maybe this one is disabled. It could be another script that is missing.

WebMercher

Thanks for the reply, i have tried most combinations of enabled scripts.

Nothing seems to be conflicting, was working before with all defaults enabled.

If i could just find code to refresh the page after saving, then all would be wonderful.

Peter Pillen

just put a piece of javascript in your template for example

but it would be better to find the root cause of course

WebMercher

Thank you for the response, yes, trying to figure out how, either one.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?