News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Can I choose from the dropdown list and automatically fill ANOTHER custom field?

Started by Panta, February 28, 2013, 23:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panta

I tried to search this forum and find the solution for my problem, but without success. Maybe it's because of my bad English.
Here is what I need.
I want to add a bunch of laptop specs. Most of them will be added automatically, with some extension for import (I hope, because I still didn't get to that part), but there is also a lot of them which I will have to add manually.
Let's say I have a custom field with several processor numbers (Core i3-3110; Core i5-3210; Core i7-3230...). I want to choose one of them from the drop down list and automatically fill another custom field with, for example, processor speed. Is that possible? How to "connect" item in the dropdown list with a value in another custom field?
I need this only in the backend, not the frontend.
Sorry for my bad English. I hope you understand my question.

PolishedGeek

I don't know of any solution for this in the backend, sorry. I think you are going to have to import as much of the data as possible and then do the rest manually.  :(
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!

Panta

Thanks for the answer. This isn't a good news but at least I can stop searching and start importing  :)