News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Not Receiving Admin Notifications when an order is placed

Started by axcelia, February 26, 2013, 11:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

axcelia

Joomla Version 2.5.8
Virtuemart Version 2.0.18a

When an order is placed no email notification is sent to the vendor (it's not being send to the other Super Administrator account either I checked)
All the Super Administrator accounts (including the vendor) are set to receive system updates.
In the configuration: "Default Order Status to send an invoice" is set to Pending.
The account which is the vendor's account is set to vendor.

NB. This may or may not be relevant but this shop was migrated across from a Joomla 1.5 & Virtuemart 1 to Joomla 2.5 + Virtuemart 2. It caused a ton of problems along the way so it's likely something got messed up in the database.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

axcelia

Thank you, I have tried the file in that thread but I am still not receiving anything from the website.

Also the email address is not a gmail or hotmail one.

(I've just realised i never said my php version it's 5.3)

axcelia

Ok, I've been poking around with this trying to get it to work and I think I have solved this. The reason I wasn't receiving the mail was for two reasons.

1. The website uses a separate payment plugin provided by CardSave. It turns out it doesn't send an email out like the paypal payment plugin.

To solve this I added
$mailsubject = "New Order Received";
$mailbody = "Message here....";
$this->sendEmailToVendorAndAdmins ($mailsubject, $mailbody);

To line 411 of the file plugins/vmpayment/cardsaveredirect/cardsaveredirect.php  (I wanted the emails to send when the order is first created i.e. Pending )

2. The other issue seemed to be with the mail settings. I'm not quite sure why but some php emails were sending and others were not. All the status change emails were going through fine but none of the order notification emails were coming through.
I solved this by switching to SMTP rather than php mail

Hope that helps anyone in a similar situation.