[ SOLVED ] Link appears good but image not displaying on product detail

Started by heymikeyd123, February 25, 2013, 13:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heymikeyd123

Ok, first question from a total VM rookie...  I'm on Joomla! 2.5.9 and VM 2.0.18a.

I've done a mass import of products and am having an issue with images when displaying product detail.  For example, on my home page I display featured products.  This looks perfectly fine but when I click on the link, the detail page shows everything except the image which instead shows the "no image found" yellow warning icon.  The interesting thing is that when I right-click, open link in a new tab, the image displays just fine which seems to prove the link itself is valid.  Does anyone know why this might be happening?  Is there some extra field I need to populate as part of my import? 

Thanks!!

jenkinhill

How did you do the mass import?

Do the images appear OK in the product images tab of the BE product editor?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

heymikeyd123

Well I guess this confirms I'm a rookie.  The thumbnail image is there but I didn't notice the error icon or realize a full image should have been displayed as well.  It appears I had both the "Unique file name" and "Used URL" set to the same value (e.g. "images/stories/virtuemart/product/...").  I changed the "Used URL" to include the full http link and it now seems to work fine.  I'm using CSVI to import and will adjust accordingly.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!