Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How do I make Attributes mandatory?

Started by tank180, February 24, 2013, 22:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank180

Joomla 2.5.9
Virtuemart 2.0.18a

Does anyone know how to make a custom fields required in VM2 like in all other shops .. where there would be a popup message saying you must select size first?

I have been searching and reading for days now with no results. Please can someone help or point me in the right direction. I have all my custom fields setup but cant go live without this option.

Thanks
Free Joomla Templates:joomlashed.com

tank180

PRO

tank180,

this is complex to do because of so many ways to do custom fields.

I have not seen a solution

tank180

Hi PRO

First off I would like to thank you for the custom drop plugin. That plugin saved me a ton of time.

With your plugin I am just using a simple select color and select size where I have the first option set to Please Select. Do you know of any way to have it mandatory for the customer to select a color before adding to the cart with your custom drop plugin?

Thanks

PRO

there are ways to use jquery to do this

especially if the first option is always "Please Choose Etc"

But would take some coding

PolishedGeek

Hello - If you need stock control at the attribute/option level, then the below will NOT work for you. But if you don't, read on...

If you find you can't do what you want natively in VM2, like make a custom field required - or if you just want a more straightforward way to make advanced custom fields - please check out our extension. It gives you the ability to use any style of fields supported in one of the best form design components for Joomla, Breezing Forms by Crosstec.

Our Breezing Forms Custom Fields extension offers a viable approach for complex custom fields, as long as you don't need parent/child products or to track stock by each of the options. It does NOT track stock by each option selected.

This extension seamlessly integrates a completely custom Crosstec Breezing Form into the custom field area of a VirtueMart 2 product. Because BreezingForms is a fully featured form development component, this means that you can do all those great things you expect from best selling form design software (including checkboxes),  then use that form as the way to capture product options and attributes for a VM2 product.

If you think this sounds like it might help you, here's a link to our documentation to learn more: http://docs.polishedgeek.com/wiki/display/BFCUSTOM . There's a also a YouTube video there on the doc homepage that explains it a bit more.

You can learn more about the form component our extension integrates here: Crosstec BreezingForms http://crosstec.de/en/extensions/joomla-forms-download.html   (You have to have both VM2 and BreezingForms to use our extension).

The plugin has been vetted by the VirtueMart team and is available for sale on our website or here on VirtueMart.net (http://extensions.virtuemart.net/extensions-virtuemart-2/breezing-forms-custom-fields-plugin-detail)

I'm happy to answer any questions you have. Feel free to pose them in the forum here, or if you would prefer to discuss your requirements more privately, just open a ticket: https://polishedgeek.com/clients/contact.php
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!

tank180

Hi PolishedGeek

I do not need stock control and your plugin would work but I all ready have all my custom fields setup and do not want to redo everything again.

I am going to see if I can get PROs drop plugin to validate with java. The only problem is the select id is different for every dropdown so I don't know.

After weeks of updating to Joomla 2.5 and Virtuemart 2.0 I think I just might stick with my old site  :-\.

Thanks

PolishedGeek

Ah, stick it out and you can make VM2 work - it will be worth it!  Sounds like you just need PRO to make some custom edits for you. :)
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!