SOLVED - Cart redirected to VM index on select payment/shipping with J SEF

Started by WebMercher, February 22, 2013, 20:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WebMercher

thanks for asking around for me,
have a default .htaccess  and had it working fine on an ip last week,
the ip is temp until the site works.

i can ask my client to "go live" with a broken site but it's not my first option.

jjk

You could also test it locally using i.e. xampp. (At least this would eliminate any possible problems with the ip)
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

WebMercher

good idea, checked resolve issues.
to show using only IP is not the issue, change DNS on your router, etc... to:

then point browser to www.dollarseed.com

dont forget to change your DNS back when done, only works for sites on the server, not the rest of the internet.

same thing happens
IP address is required for SSL.
8 core server on high speed redundant network, nothing wrong with server or network.

branahr

I had this problem on new site (J2.5.11 and VM 2.20b)  that I am building for client (redirect to the homepage when click 'Edit payment' or 'Edit shipment' link), but it occurs only when 'MijoSEF' component with virtuemart addon is enabled. Here is how I fixed this:
I did an override for Cart->default_pricelist view with following changes:
echo JHTML::_ ('link', JRoute::_ ('index.php?view=cart&task=editpayment', $this->useXHTML, $this->useSSL), $this->select_payment_text, 'class=""');
changed to
echo JHTML::_ ('link', JRoute::_ ('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart&task=editpayment', $this->useXHTML, $this->useSSL), $this->select_payment_text, 'class=""');

echo JHTML::_ ('link', JRoute::_ ('index.php?view=cart&task=edit_shipment', $this->useXHTML, $this->useSSL), $this->select_shipment_text, 'class=""');
changed to
echo JHTML::_ ('link', JRoute::_ ('index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart&task=edit_shipment', $this->useXHTML, $this->useSSL), $this->select_shipment_text, 'class=""');

So, I only added 'option=com_virtuemart' part to those URLs and it works normally for me. Maybe could be helpful for somebody else, even if uses other SEF extension.

RCheesley

Quote from: WebMercher on February 22, 2013, 20:07:09 PM
REDIRECT SOLVED-
HAD A MENU LINK TO CART, REMOVED IT AND CART UPDATES WITHOUT REDIRECTING TO THE MAIN VM PAGE.
CHECK MENU LINK PERMISSIONS OR TRY REMOVING THEM TO FIX RELATED ISSUES, WORKED FOR ME.

To fix it, I disabled all menu links to the cart except the one in the modal cart and it works now

Thank you, had this problem but it was redirecting me to the Login page.  Turned out I deleted the menu link to the cart, and it started behaving.  Much appreciated!

Ruth