Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Latest Update - Back To: not working

Started by xur82, February 20, 2013, 14:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xur82

VM. 2.0.18a
VM 2.59

The link from product detail page back to the category layout   Back To: Category  has stopped working since I did the latest update?
Anyone have an idea?

Thanks

jenkinhill

Works OK for me.   Do you use some SEF? Template overrides?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

xur82

Thanks for your kind response!

I have no template overrides.

I have made mod's in mycustomstyle.css - I'm using a rockettheme template but switching to Joomla default in configuration doesn't change the layout anyway.
I dont recall going near the back button while tweaking css.

Regards.

An example URL

http://www.earthtools.co.uk/2013/index.php/garden-ornaments/concrete-marble/water-fountains/fontana-bomarzo-water-fountain-flower-pot-buy (on test)

jenkinhill

Yes, you are using template overrides with the RT template. 

The back to cat link works on IE9 but not on Firefox, where it is not even seen as a link.  Not sure if this is the issue, but Firebug indicates a JavaScript problem with your G+1/addthis code. So try disabling those and see what happens.  If not that, then disable the js using modules one at a time, eg Rokbox, Ajaxsearch
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

xur82

Thanks,

I did exactly what you suggested with the G+ and social buttons. Then went through turning off each plugin RokBox, RokCandy, RokBox, and any non joomla or VM. Sadly the button didn't come back to life. I'm on a Mac with Safari and Firefox both showing the link box but no life to it.
All I can see in css is .back-to-category {float: right;} in vmsite-ltr.css
Not sure..
I've left the G+ and social stuff off, is there still an error showing?

jenkinhill

Still does not work in FF but now no error showing. You can check errors yourself using Firebug on Firefox. https://getfirebug.com/errors

Try switching the Joomla template to Beez & see if it works there (the display will be different). If so then it is template related rather than an error with VirtueMart itself.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

xur82

Thanks, you were right, it's the template, so at least I've got a target now..
I'll check out firebug, I see it mentioned a lot, I use web developer in Firefox and Web inspector in Safari.
If I find what's causing this in the Rockettheme I will post it here.

misho326

in my case - solution of this problem was editing my template css.
i deleted z-index and position line from h1 style of my template and it works grat now in IE, firefox and chrome.