News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Quantity box for each custom field - modification Help

Started by gete, February 11, 2013, 16:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gete

Hello to everyone this is my very first Post and i hope to explain well the modification i need.
joomla 2.5.9 | vm 2.0.18a
For example i have 1 t-shirt with custom field (Type:string,cart attribute:yes,is a list:yes) the list is for size (s,m,l,xl)
i want in detail page to have every option with their own quantity box so if i want to add in cart 2 small t-shirt and 3 xl i will write in quantity boxes the right quantity and then i will press the add to cart button to add all at once. Otherwise i should select the radio button of small t-shirt write the quantity and press add to cart, then select xl write the quantity and then press again add to cart. Imagine do this for spray colors with a variety of 200 colors. When someone wants to buy 20 different colors, he would press add to cart button 20 times instead of one.... this is what i want to fulfill.
Is this possible;
Where i should start with the modifications;
thank you in advance.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

gete

You guys.... you killing me!!! so many answers i do not know which to choose...

PolishedGeek

Hello, Gete -

What you describe is not an out of the box feature for VM, and is not easily achieved with an answer in the forums. I think you will need to hire a developer to focus on designing out and developing a solution to customize your VM2 to have this functionality. 
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!

gete

Thank you PolishedGeek for your response.
i found a plugin and maybe is my solution.
http://www.dkpictures.si/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26&Itemid=14
check it out.

PolishedGeek

That does look pretty interesting! First I've heard of it - Thanks for the link. :)
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!