News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Various mysterious errors

Started by myplace2100, January 24, 2013, 21:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myplace2100

I installed vm 2.0.10 in joomla 2.5.6-8.i get some error about currency setting so is clicked shop but i got the following errors -

Strict standards: Declaration of TableUserfields::check() should be compatible with that of VmTable::check() in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla2\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\tables\userfields.php on line 206
Strict standards: Creating default object from empty value in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla2\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\shopfunctions.php on line 278
Strict standards: Creating default object from empty value in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla2\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\shopfunctions.php on line 278
Strict standards: Creating default object from empty value in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla2\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\shopfunctions.php on line 278Strict standards: Creating default object from empty value in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla2\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\shopfunctions.php on line 278
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla2\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\shopfunctions.php on line 279

and nothing shown.also then i see many errors at front end and backend too.setting site-> Global Configuration->Error Reporting->none those errors not arised and site functions well so i then go to shop again  and fill vendor and currency info and save all.to see if that solved problem i set site-> Global Configuration->Error Reporting->system default but those errors appears again?! Please help why the problem?? it's causing my site a lot of problems,page loading with errors no content.
joomla & wordpress extension developer

PRO

1st

the latest version is .18

2nd. do you have anything chosen for the currency converter?

also: "error reporting" should always be turned off on the server

myplace2100

I tried latest version.where is currency converter? I selected currency in shop-> vendor tab.when error reporting on only vm is reason for all errors, why so?

PRO

Quote from: myplace2100 on January 25, 2013, 00:23:04 AM
I tried latest version.where is currency converter? I selected currency in shop-> vendor tab.when error reporting on only vm is reason for all errors, why so?

shoptab
Select a currency converter module

myplace2100

can you send me currency converter module link to download if it solves all errors what way? i see there is a currency selector module installed in module manager.

PRO

get your host, or you to turn off error reporting on your server

That will probably fix all the errors.

there is no currency to download. It comes standard with the install

jenkinhill

myplace2100, as you seem to be on xampp you can turn off warning and notice reporting in your php.ini file - the block for this is around line 310 and begins
; Error handling and logging ;

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6185319/how-do-i-edit-php-ini-file-in-xampp-server
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

This is not an error, or something like this.

Strict Standard is only visible if you have the highest error reporting level set. So that you really see anything. It just means that we use valid code for php 5.3, but not 5.4, but it is still compatible and working correctly.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member