News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Error: Exception in loadConfig for unserialize hidemainmenu b:0;

Started by anssi, January 17, 2013, 00:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

infors

Hello.

QuoteIt means that the value for hidemainmenu is broken. Just delete the entry with hidemainmenu, so search for something like
|hidemainmenu=b:0;|, delete it, store the entry and it should be gone.

Could you tell me where I have to search for hidemainmenu=b:0;? In the database?

Thanks a lot
masl

mronayne

I have this same problem. I am running a fresh install of Joomla 2.5.11 with a fresh install of Virtuemart 2.0.20b.
The error Exception in loadConfig for unserialize hidemainmenu b:0; shows up whenever you Save the Configuration file. This shows up in the front end and the back end of the site.
If you edit the #__virtuemart_configs table in the database and remove the string "|hidemainmenu=b:0;" at the very end of the data in the "config" field the problem will dissappear until the next time you save the Virtuemart Configuration from the Admin side of the site. I've searched through all of the files in the adminstrator/components/com_virtuemart folders for someplace where this string "|hidemainmenu=b:0;" gets appended to the end of the config string but cannot locate it.
You can also clear the error by enabling the Database update tools in the configuration file and then using the "Renew VirtueMart configuration by file" Tools & Migration tool.
There has to be some code somewhere that sets this value in the config field on a Save Configuration.
Please let us all know where this is so we can fix the problem.
Thank you!

Milbo

Did you find already this? http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=112999.0

Quote from: media-service on March 28, 2013, 21:32:22 PM
Quote"Exception in loadConfig for unserialize hidemainmenu b:0;"
I had the same Message today. In my case, the reason was an Extension from JoomlaShine: JSN PowerAdmin.
Solution that worked for me: Deinstall JSN PowerAdmin. Clear Cache. Erase Sessions in Database. Logout and login again. Go to Virtuemart Config. Save once. Everything is fine now :)
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

creezi

Quote from: Milbo on May 25, 2013, 11:19:36 AM
Did you find already this? http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=112999.0

Quote from: media-service on March 28, 2013, 21:32:22 PM
Quote"Exception in loadConfig for unserialize hidemainmenu b:0;"
I had the same Message today. In my case, the reason was an Extension from JoomlaShine: JSN PowerAdmin.
Solution that worked for me: Deinstall JSN PowerAdmin. Clear Cache. Erase Sessions in Database. Logout and login again. Go to Virtuemart Config. Save once. Everything is fine now :)

After searching for a long time, I still can't find a solution to this problem. Yes I have found this "solution", but I don't want to uninstall JSN PowerAdmin. I use JSN PowerAdmin. Is there a real solution to this problem? Or do I seriously need to open my database everytime I save my configuration!