Error: Exception in loadConfig for unserialize hidemainmenu b:0;

Started by anssi, January 17, 2013, 00:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anssi

How to fix error notice and where does it come from?

Exception in loadConfig for unserialize hidemainmenu b:0;
        To avoid this message, enter your virtuemart config and just save it one time
        Version: J2.5+2.0.18a

wov2004

After the automatic upgrade to 2.0.18a, I authorized the use of plug-ins and there was the same error. I tried to reinstall 2.0.16 (Database Table not removed) and then authorized the use of plug-ins, the error appears again.
Now, even if plugins are not allowed, the error message remains.

I-LION

I'm sorry but i've the same error with WM2.18a J2.5.8. Thanks
Giovanni Roli

Milbo

Use the latest version, use the tools "update tables".

to 100% works to delete the config entry in the virtuemart_config table.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

I-LION

I'm sorry, but the errorException in loadConfig for unserialize hidemainmenu b:0; already exist  :'(
I have flag:  Enable database Update tools
and after i have: Renew VirtueMart configuration by file
But nothing good result
Giovanni Roli

djserjey

Hi Milbo,

we update 2.0.14 a 2.016 manually, and the problem was resolved, and everything works, but them I change something in config, and the error start again, con you help us please.

I-LION

Sorry but the problem is seriuos!!! Start again in a new istallation of VM with only the sample da when i save the configuration without change anythinks!!!! Thanks
VM 2.18a J 2.5.9
Giovanni Roli

Milbo

This is not needed. The error is just that there is an old entry in the config, which is stored in the db.

delete the config.php in the com_virtuemart folder Backend. Then go in the phpmyadmin and delete the entries in the virtuemart_configs table. The tool update tables should do almost the same, strange.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mahindra

This seems not to be a solution, because everytime i cannot store any changes in the config. Resetting the config means all changes go lost.
I wonder that there is no solution on this available through the support. I see that the problem is bothering many people over several months.
I have aktual Version 2.0.18a running with Joomla 2.9 on a debian web server.
The suggested paths i tried in any combination of owner configurations - no way to get rid of the message.

I invested several hours to search the web cause of this message and i think a read all posts made on this .

Exception in loadConfig for unserialize hidemainmenu b:0;
To avoid this message, enter your virtuemart config and just save it one time

Cause i have to get ready with the installation next week i have to decide if a change the system. This is a sad point cause i use an old version of virtuemart since many years without problems.

Milbo

Quote from: mahindra on February 12, 2013, 11:53:26 AM
I wonder that there is no solution on this available through the support. I see that the problem is bothering many people over several months.
It is always the same error and it happens, when you update from 2.0.14 or lower to 2.0.16 or higher. The reason is just an invalid stored config option. For most people the normal updater is correcting this issue.
The config values are taken from virtuemart.cfg, if it is not there, then it will be created as copy of virtuemart_defaults.cfg-dist. This values are then stored in the #__virtuemart_configs. The entry looks like

currency_converter_module=s:14:"convertECB.php";|order_mail_html=s:1:"1";|useSSL=s:1:"0";|

Every | means a new entry, so one entry is
currency_converter_module=s:14:"convertECB.php";
currency_converter_modules is the name and s:14:"convertECB.php"; is the json encoded value.

So if you have the error
"Exception in loadConfig for unserialize hidemainmenu b:0;"
It means that the value for hidemainmenu is broken. Just delete the entry with hidemainmenu, so search for something like
|hidemainmenu=b:0;|, delete it, store the entry and it should be gone. A lot easier is just to delete the virtuemart.cfg and the whole config entry of the table. Then reconfigure it. Maybe the error comes, when people update virtuemart as administrator and not as super user or so. Most people dont have it.

Quote from: mahindra on February 12, 2013, 11:53:26 AM
Cause i have to get ready with the installation next week i have to decide if a change the system. This is a sad point cause i use an old version of virtuemart since many years without problems.
I am wondering why you never had the idea to invest 50 bucks and to ask me or someone else to fix it on your installation.

mahindra

thank you for your detailed explanation!
I can handle it now.
So i go to the database table using phpmyadmin and delete the entry hidemainmenu b:0;  every time after i did change the Konfiguration.

By the way, i did a new Installation with virtuemart 2.018.a
Best regards

Milbo

alyssaanne1

Milbo.

Thank you so much for explaining the fix to this.

Any time I save or change my configuration settings I get the error and have to go into the database, remove the hidemenu string and save.

Is there a permanent bug fix?

THanks so much!
Alyssa

lektrokuted

I had the same problem with 2.0.18a. I couldn't fix it by using db tools, so I ended up by deleting the string every time I was saving my configuration. The point is that I updated into 2.0.20b and the problem remains. Any idea where this comes from? Indeed a permanent fix would be the best!