News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

States Won't Show During Checkout - jQuery Conflict?

Started by kory27, June 11, 2013, 18:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kory27

Hi,

I have read a bunch of other posts on this issue, and I haven't been able to solve it yet, so I figured I'd post my specific issue.

I am using:

Joomla 2.5
Virtuemart 2.0.20b
Site is www.sailingbeyondboundaries.com

I was doing a final check of the site after enabling the SSL, and the states don't show.  The states do show under the country United States as published.  I tried it in SSL and non-SSL, and I get the following error using Firebug:

TypeError: $(...).vm2front is not a function
https://www.sailingbeyondboundaries.com/index.php/component/virtuemart/user/editaddresscheckoutBT?Itemid=0
Line 47

This is the script:

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
jQuery( function($) {
$("select.virtuemart_country_id").vm2front("list",{dest : "#virtuemart_state_id",ids : ""});
});
//]]>

Lastly, I have turned off the "Using the Virtuemart jQuery" in the Admin>Configuration>Templates, but that adds the error:

ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined

This error is in addition to the error above.

Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this?

Thanks so much!

Kory

Stonedfury

Leave the Virtuemart jQuery ON unless your templator has replaced with their own.
I suggest you download jqueryeasy and use it to help isolate your issue. That, or start turning off stuff that you have installed till you find the object that is causing the issue. There are a lot of post on the forum with this exact same issue and in 99.9% of them it is a module, template, plugin that the user has installed. I myself am very guilty of this.
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer. I won't ask if I know the answer or found it using the search as you suggested.