[SOLVED] VM 2.0.16 - how to carry data from VM 1.1.8 manually

Started by isuv, January 02, 2013, 17:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isuv

Dear all,
We've considered to adjust a new Joomla 2.5.7 website + VM 2.01.16 instead of an old one based on Joomla 1.5.26 +VM 1.1.8. This is needed because the old site was hacked minimum twice and we would like to adjust a new clean platform and website. We have not online payment on our old website.
The question is how should I carry the data from the old VM to a new one to maintain data integrity and not to loose data. I use phpMyAdmin, so I could export, prepare properly and import the tables. I would be thankful for any working advice.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

lindapowers

Hi, what I did is I created my new Joomla 2.5 website, installed a clean version of virtuemart.

Copy all the tables from VM 1.1.8 in my case, i renamed the prefix to the same as I use for VM2 tables.

For users what I did is use this extension: http://www.eshiol.it/en/joomla/j2xml/j2xml-1503.html

You have a version for joomla 1.5 and another one for joomla 2.5

So I copied users from VM 1.5 to 2.5 (I only had my superadmin so from the joomla 1.5 webpage I copied all the users except the super user and selected keep ID's)

Then I imported the users file generated with j2xml to the joomla 2.5 website setting also the keep ID's here.

Then I used the migration tools in VM2 and all was migrated except the user addresses. Couldn't get that to work.

The login and passwords were migrated correctly but not the other details.

Note, as I was warned this is not the correct way to do it, but to be honest it was the best way for us, now we have a clean database.

Regards

isuv

Quote from: lindapowers on January 02, 2013, 18:22:13 PM
Hi, what I did is I created my new Joomla 2.5 website, installed a clean version of virtuemart.

Copy all the tables from VM 1.1.8 in my case, i renamed the prefix to the same as I use for VM2 tables.

For users what I did is use this extension: http://www.eshiol.it/en/joomla/j2xml/j2xml-1503.html

You have a version for joomla 1.5 and another one for joomla 2.5

So I copied users from VM 1.5 to 2.5 (I only had my superadmin so from the joomla 1.5 webpage I copied all the users except the super user and selected keep ID's)

Then I imported the users file generated with j2xml to the joomla 2.5 website setting also the keep ID's here.

Then I used the migration tools in VM2 and all was migrated except the user addresses. Couldn't get that to work.

The login and passwords were migrated correctly but not the other details.

Note, as I was warned this is not the correct way to do it, but to be honest it was the best way for us, now we have a clean database.

Regards

Thank you very much for your answer. It also helped me to see, that we can use migration tools on a new website.