News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Can't rate products other than 5/5

Started by bguyb, December 29, 2012, 21:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bguyb

I've created a shop using Joomla 2.5.8 and VM 2.0.16
First I had problems with showing the rating stars at all.
I found this post and added some CSS to fix the problem. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97611.15
A bit strange that I had to do that. it says nothing about it on the installation instructions.
:-\
Now I see the stars, and can write a review. but I can't change the rating. it's stuck on 5 stars.
How can I make it to work???

Thanks,
Guy B.

jenkinhill

I assume you properly set up Shopper Review/Rating System in Configuration / Shopfront

AFAIK you cannot use that old code hack to show the star rating - it is not css, it is php. The correct php code to use is in 
joomla_root/components/com_virtuemart/views/productdetails/tmpl/default_reviews.php
and it should work OK unless being overuled by some Joomla template css or by bad use of template overrides.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bguyb

I don't think its the joomla template i use. I've tried all of them, including Linelab free template "shoplab".

Can you please give an example of bad use of template overrides?
Or better yet, the right way to do it  :)

Thanks

bguyb

I've done some research on overrides, and i can tell you that I don't override anything.
Are you sure that if I install a new joomla+vm2 it will work?
I really think that there is something wrong with the latest build. cause i didn't change the default settings, and the rating doesn't work.

Thanks,
Guy

jenkinhill

It works fine for me on (now) 12 sites uodated, and yours is the only report of this issue with 2.0.16. Trying a new install in a subdirectory rules out server config/PHP issues as a cause, and if it works then you have something to compare. Just use it as installed with test products and no other modifications.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bguyb

Hi,
I couldn't see stars because I'm using a RTL template. and vmsite-rtl.css was empty.
I couldn't rate because a module with JS blocked VM product rating.

Thank for the help,
Guy