News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Too many child products?

Started by OskarMaria, May 10, 2013, 23:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OskarMaria

I don't know, if it's a bug or not. When I have a parent product with about  120  childs, everything is ok at the frontpage. I can choose the color and the size of the product.

But when the parent product has 144 or more childs, there is no possibilty any more, to select size or color of the product.

What is wrong?

Regard OskarMaria

Joomla! 2.5.11
VM 2.0.20b

atrus

In VM2, there is a limitation with custom_param field size, maybe this is your problem (it was in our case)

Go to table _virtuemart_product_customfields and change the size of custom_param field from VARCHAR(12800) to VARCHAR(65535). Mysql will automatically convert it to MEDIUMTEXT. Then, reimport your product+children. Should be ok.

Rgrds

OskarMaria

Hi atrus,

sorry for my late answer. Thank you for your help. The change the size of the custom_param field solved the problem.

Regards OM

Milbo

This is only a problem using the stockable variants. Your product can have more than 100k childs without problems. EXCEPT you are using the customfield plugin "stockable"
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member