News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM2 Auto Parent Categories plugin: Add/remove products to all parent categories

Started by reinhold, December 18, 2012, 21:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reinhold

Dear all,

This is the support forum for my VirtueMart 2 auto parent categories plugin. The plugin is free (available under the GPL free of charge):
http://open-tools.net/virtuemart-2-extensions/vm2-auto-categories-plugin.html

The plugin can add each product also to all parent categories, so it will appear also in the parent category listing; It can also automatically remove each product from all parent categories and display it only in the very last category (leaf category). For child products, the plugin additionally allows the shop owner to automatically remove all categories or explicitly copy all categories from the parent product. This allows you to globally modify all child products to either not appear at all in the VirtueMart categories view in the frontend (because e.g. you display the child products on the parent product's page) or to show all child products automatically in the same categories as the parent products.

If you have questions about the plugin (that are not yet answered in the FAQ on the plugin's homepage) or encounter problems, you can either send my an email (office@open-tools.net) or post your questions here.

Best regards,
Reinhold

thanjeys

Hi Reinhold,

You have developed good plugin it will useful for lot of users.

I followed your configuration from your website. But its not working for me. Can you check and fix ?

I will send domain details and admin details to your email.

Thank you

hellodave

I was building something very similar to this and started having problems with the getOrderWeight function, it was just returning weird values.
While searching for a solution I found this plugin, looks great, seems to do exactly what I need.
But I'm struggling to get it working, and the issue again is the weight.
I've checked I'm using the same weight units in the default shop config, the product itself and the shipping plugin.
Is there anywhere else I need to check? Any idea why this would happen?

My rules look like this -

Name=First Class; Shipping=2.7; Amount<46; Weight<750;
Name=First Class; Shipping=4.3; Amount<46; 751<Weight<1000;
Name=First Class; Shipping=5.6; Amount<46; 1001<Weight<1250;
etc

Orders over 750 in weight still get 2.7 shipping.
Any help gratefully appreciated :)
currently working with -
Joomla 2.5.8
VM 2.0.18a

reinhold

Quote from: hellodave on February 04, 2013, 22:15:25 PM
But I'm struggling to get it working, and the issue again is the weight.
I've checked I'm using the same weight units in the default shop config, the product itself and the shipping plugin.

A quick and dirty way to display the calculated weight of the order is to use the weight as the shipping cost (since no arithmetic operations are involved, this is also possible in the standard version):

Name=First Class; Shipping=Weight; Amount<46; Weight<750;

The shipping cost displayed will be the same amount as the weight, so you can get an idea where things go wrong.

hellodave

Excellent, great tip, I think I have it sorted.
Am I right in thinking that if I change the weight of a product, I need to remove and re-add it to the cart for the new weight to take effect?
I was just changing weights and wondering why the shipping cost didn't change, doh!

All seems to be working now, many thanks  8)
currently working with -
Joomla 2.5.8
VM 2.0.18a