News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM2 PayPal integration doesn't store an order

Started by rnoppert, December 18, 2012, 16:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rnoppert

Hi,

I noticed the PayPal plugin doesn't store an order, before payment has been done, so if I cancel payment of an order through PayPal, nothing is stored for the order. This means a vendor might potentially lose data from a potential client, if for some reason the payment wasn't processed. Is this the way integration of VM2 with PayPal was intended to work, or is something going wrong in our implementation (Joomla 2.5.8, VM 2.0.8e)?

Regards,

Richard.

alatak

Hello

The order is stored before calling paypal.
If the payment is not processed, then the order is cancelled.

rnoppert

Hi,

I just updated the site to VM 2.0.14 and did another test with PayPal. It now works, so all orders with the PayPal payment method selected are now stored in the orders table, regardless of the payment status. Could have been an issue with VM 2.0.8e, but solved for me.

Thanks for the response!

Regards,

Richard.

alatak

Hello

QuoteI just updated the site to VM 2.0.14
Our latest stable version is 2.0.16. Why did you update to 2.0.14?

rnoppert

Frist of all because the template we use has not been updated for VM 2.0.16 yet, but also because 2.0.16 is not stable.  The sites I've tried to update so far all had issues with pricing, which meant I had to go back to 2.0.14 (which works for most of the functionality required,  but still has some issues.

veeco

Actually before you click the checkout/confirm the order, every order saved in #_virtuemart_orders... have you take a look on that table ?
Work On Doxa Web Developer Indonesia - http://doxadigital.com |

alatak

HEllo

Quoteso if I cancel payment of an order through PayPal, nothing is stored for the order.

Did you check that you have configurated paypal so it does send the notification?
If it is the case, your web site should receive that notification, and the order status should change.

rnoppert

Hi,

When using VM 2.0.8e it didn't work, but now I have installed VM 2.0.14 it does work. No issues for me anymore!

Regards,

Richard.

alatak

Hello

Check your sever logs to see if Paypal send you a notification. If it does not, then check your paypal account configuration

rnoppert

Hi,

It already works since the update to VM 2.0.14.

Regards,

Richard.