News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

No more Neighbours since 2.0.16

Started by Otto0815, January 09, 2013, 02:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto0815

Hi,

since i've updated to Version 2.0.16x i've got no more neighbours (the links to the next products on top of the page) in the productdetails page; with 2.0.15e everything was fine....

I've just updatet to 2.0.18 and i makes no difference...if i do a fallback to 2.0.15e they appear again....

The setting in Virtuemart config page is checked....Breadcrumps are enabled also

where can this come from?

Milbo

no clue, I need BE login with superadministrator and a working extplorer, then I can take a look.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

uschmi

Same problem for me - since 2.0.16 (and also for 2.0.18) the neighbourhoods are gone...

midnas

I also had a problem with this. On two pages. One was the same, other was slightly different.

Wrote about it , but no respond:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=111450

How did you set up default product order? BE->VM->Configuration->Product Order Settins. By SKU?

I had it by SKU and I know I changed administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php

around line 1244:

$q .= ' and `slug` ' . $op . ' "' . $product->slug . '" ';

to

$q .= ' and `product_sku` ' . $op . ' "' . $product->product_sku . '" ';

and now it's working. But I don't remember what was the cause.

EDIT:
Bad memory: I also had to change in Yagendoo helper

$product_model->filter_order = "p`.`product_sku";

But this page have Yagendoo template so I don't know what was causing problem.

But I think the basic problem was that there was something wrong wrong with filter_order and SQL crashed.

Regards,
S

Milbo

It helps also to enter the config and to store it one time.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

uschmi

Quote from: Milbo on January 09, 2013, 15:41:44 PM

Thanks Milbo, it helped!  :)

Otto0815

Quote from: Milbo on January 09, 2013, 15:41:44 PM

no, won't work for me.....

If i disable "show product neighbours" and hit save (or save&close) and check my site with firebug the "Div="product-neigbours" ist gone, if i enable "show product neighbours" in the vm config again and hit save, the "div"product-neighbours" is shown in firebug but has nothing in it...

I also have tried to chnage the product ordering fields (i've now enabled all) but nothing happens

Otto0815

Since all other solutions aren't working for me, I'm now using the: Adminstrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/product.php from Version VM2.0.15e and then the Neighbours will work for me....

Don't know what's exactly changed between this Version and 2.0.16 + xx Version, but somethings from the neighbours in the never file is commentet out....so maybe there is the error...

Otto0815

My solution from the last post broke something else...

I've now restored the default confiug and it works......then i've done some changes to the config and the neighbours are gone   :-\

Restored orignal config again, noticed all changes...now the neighbours stay's    :o

frogybella

Hi,

Same for us. Neighbours products are empty since 2.0.18a upgrade.

Has it been reproduced by dev team?

Thanks in advance...

Hopping that 2.0.19 solve it.

Regards.
Frogybella

My website : www.fdbi.com

Otto0815

Quote from: frogybella on January 29, 2013, 15:02:44 PM
Hi,

Same for us. Neighbours products are empty since 2.0.18a upgrade.

Has it been reproduced by dev team?

Thanks in advance...

Hopping that 2.0.19 solve it.

Regards.

Milbo told me i could be the template.....i don't know it...

Try my solution, wich works till today:

1)Notice all your Configuration Settings from the VM Backend

2)Go to tools/migration

3)Restore original vmconfig   (->after this check if the neighbours are now shown in the frontend; try this with different producs because a probably cache in your browser)

4)if this works, then do all your needed settings in the configaration again

5)check frontend again....

I've had to this 3 times till it works......don't know why.....

seagul

I had the same problem.

It was because of ordering set to "Produkt SKU" (in Configuration). As soon as I changed the ordering to product title, the product neighbours would show again.