News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

my account/sign in/register not changing after login

Started by csimmo, November 28, 2012, 03:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csimmo

Hi. One of my testers noticed that the account buttons didn't change once logged in. And now its annoying me!!
What I would like is for the my 'sign in/ register' buttons to change to 'logout' when a customer is logged in, even better would be for it to report the 'customers username / logout /account' in this order.
Would anyone be able to give advice on this.

The URL of the website I am building is:
www2.abtsystems.com.au

Thank you.

bytelord

Hello,

Joomla, VM2, PHP Versions?
Any live url? Do you use any third party login module?

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

csimmo

It seems to be set as a joomla 2.5 menu. I purchused the template, and its one of the few area's I havent modified, nor know how to. No 3rd party login module. The cart is a VM 2.0.14 module. Using PHP 5.3. I listed the url in my first post if you would like to have a look. Sorry for the lack of specifics. I am not sure of the info you require.

I would like to replace the menu, or control the menu options better. They link into VM modules. But are static. And that could be confusing for my customers who are already logged in.

If you want any further info, please let me know.

jenkinhill

VirtueMart 2 does not have a logout button, unlike Joomla's mod_login, but you can use a quick logout component to provide that function in a user menu link. http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-a-security/site-access/login-redirect/17971  - I have not tested this with VirtueMart as there is no need for my shoppers to log out.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

csimmo

Thanks for the help, but the logout was not very good. I modified Joomla's own login and set the colouring to be more discrete. Thanks for the advice though.

bytelord

Please take a look at your modification because this is related to joomla login module. Place an exception when user is logged in to show the logout button or nothing ...
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

csimmo

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean, but the website seems to working ok.

EDIT:
I think I understand now. When I create a user using this module, the test items listed don't show. Is this what you mean?

Edit edit:
Nope, working just the way I want it too. Turns out I just hadn't assigned the test product to all shopper groups....
My main tester didn't feel comfortable with a website that has no ability to logout. And I completly agree with him. Thats why it was important to me.