News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Low Stock Notification

Started by ssbatavia, November 26, 2012, 18:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssbatavia

I apologize in advance if this seems like a redundant question.

But if I set the "low stock notification" of a product to "0". Will I be notified once the product has run out? (Reached Zero).
Or is this an automatic feature where VM will email me once a product hits 0?

Also, does Virtuemart automatically disable someone from adding an out-of-stock item to their cart? Or does it disable the item/hide the product page?
FYI I want people to still be able to order an item even if it has 0 inventory...and I don't want VM to remove/disable it.

Cheers for the help!

-Amateur VM user.

bytelord

Hello,

You could place a notification when reach stock = 1, so be able to update your stock. You have also to configure and some products in stock. You will be emailed once that the stock is low. Also you could use Inventory to track your stocks.

On your second one you could configure the option you like from the backend under configuration-> Shopfront and under the area Action when a Product is Out of Stock, there you could select what will happen if a product is out of stock, for example you could select Products Out of Stock are orderable, and the field 'Availability' below is displayed. There is nothing deleted or disabled the product, just does not display the product or add some functions, like notify me, do not appear add to cart button, etc..

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

ssbatavia

Quote from: bytelord on November 26, 2012, 18:43:49 PM
You could place a notification when reach stock = 1, so be able to update your stock.

Hey Bytelord! THANK YOU very much for your reply. I appreciate it, and it was very helpful. I just have one last question regarding the stock notification.

This might sound crazy, but SOME of my inventory is actually just 1 item. I haven't made additional pieces to sell. This is why I want to set the stock notification to "0". So if that 1 item does sell, I can get an email to make more ....
Is it possible to set the stock level notification to "0"? So when the items I have only 1 of is sold, I can get notified?

Cheers, Thanks again. Really appreciated.

bytelord

Hello,

0 is by default, so will work. I am not using it but don't forget that always to could check your inventory list.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!