News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Handcrafted Jewelry VirtueMart

Started by mbonyak, November 24, 2012, 02:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbonyak

My first VM store is up and running!  It still needs work in the details but I'm finally happy with the overall feel.

Bonyak Jewelry: www.bonyak.com
VM 2.0.14

I've finally got most of the weird bugs ironed out and am focused now on polishing the overall customer experience.  Any constructive criticism or other feedback is appreciated.

jjk

Quote from: mbonyak on November 24, 2012, 02:42:18 AM
Any constructive criticism or other feedback is appreciated.

Hi,
I noticed that most of your category thumbnails are scaled down due to settings in your css files. Image scaling makes a website slower. For example .../com_virtuemart/assets/css/flexibleVM2Global.css - below .FlexibleThumbBrowseV1Picture, there is a height limit of 170px. You could increase this a little bit to avoid image scaling.

With category images which are usually 200px wide, you could also consider to display 3 products in a row instead of two, so you customers have to scroll less.

Overall your shop looks good.

BTW - you should consider to write a review about VirtueMart in the Joomla extension directory  ;)
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations