Issues when guest shoppers return from sagepay payment

Started by steve pollinger, November 20, 2012, 22:23:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve pollinger

In wanting to keep the checkout process as short and easy as possible for our customers we have taken the decision to only have guest shoppers.

Unfortunately, when the guest shoppers return from payment and click on the 'view order details' link on the returning page a message appears suggesting that the order has been deleted (although it hasn't and details remain visible in administration). Interestingly when the shopper gets the confirmation email and clicks within that email to see order details the order is displayed.

Can anyone help advise why this happens and how we can ensure a guest shopper retuning from payment can see the order details if they click the link they are presented with?

Many thanks

bytelord

Hello,

The order details links that comes with the mail integrates order id number and order id password. Also when user receives the mail receives that order id number and order id password. When accessing the web site he can view the order by following the mail link or by enter the order id number and password.

Like the following:

Your order number:  3db546
Your order password: p_615ed

The menu item with the order details does not contain any order number or password arguments.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

steve pollinger

Thanks for help.

I understand from your note why it doesn't work now, but I guess next step is to understand how I can avoid the customer being returned to a page that says 'view order details' (which they can't then see).

Any ideas on how I can avoid the customer returning and getting that page?

Is this also the reason that the confirmation that gets passed to virtuemart to enable the order status to automatically move to 'confirmed' no longer works? With a registered user the order status would be automatically moved from 'pending' to 'confirmed' as the customer made a successful payment. Is there any way the order status can still be automatically updated for a successful payment if the shopper is a guest?

Many thanks

bytelord

Hello,

I think is related to sagepay plugin, but i don't own the plugin to check it. You could ask the plugin vendor also.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!