Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How do I show sub-categories?

Started by TomaG, November 19, 2012, 06:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomaG

I am new to VM

our site stats are:
PHP Built On    Linux serv01.siteground290.com 2.6.32.59-sg3 #9 SMP Wed Sep 26 03:29:25 CDT 2012 x86_64
Database Version    5.5.27-28.1-log
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.3.18
Web Server    Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface    cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 2.5.8 Stable [ Ember ] 8-November-2012 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0) AppleWebKit/537.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/24.0.1312.14 Safari/537.17

We are using VM 2.0.14

The site is http://salmontrollinglures.com

This is the issue I want help with. (I have been searching for two hours and not finding an answer.)

We have several products under PAL trolling spoons such as Diamond lance, mother superior, etc.

Pal Trolling Spoons
DIAMOND LANCE #5
DIAMOND LANCE #6
Mother Superior #7
P2B #5
P2B #6
P3C #6
P3C #5
P4 #5

Under each sub-category the products show, then one has to pick a product where the add to cart is shown.
When PAL trolling spoons is clicked in the menu it does not show the subcategories and give a logical easy to follow path to order the spoons.

How do I get the sub-categories to show (there are too many products and color variations to show at this point)
Secondly, how do I get a cart link to show whenever a product shows? I.E.>

Click on PAL Spoons there is an apparent dead end for a novice shopper.
Click on Mother Superior #7 products are showing but no "Add to shopping cart" the shopper has to click a specific product such as "Mother Superior #7 Black - White Cop Car both sides Salmon trolling spoon" before they see a buying option.

How can the buying be streamlined? too many clicks and the novice will just leave. I need to learn how to simplify the process in Virtue Mart.

Any help greatly appreciated. Virtue mart seems to be a good program but I need to find a way to simplify the on line shopping process for the shoppers. Most of our on-line shoppers  are more interested in how to catch fish than figuring out how to navigate through an on-line  shopping maze and many of them are not computer fans to begin with.