News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Smart search in Virtuemart for Joomla 4

Started by bestcons, December 25, 2021, 22:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoomlaGeek.com

Quote from: pinochico on July 12, 2023, 22:34:05 PM
gek-elastic search we implemented on shop in 2016 with custom developping...

After 4 months we make off, because amazon DB cost 150 EUR per month.

Now we use Elastic search as Search Ready - https://www.searchready.cz - on the shop - www.karcher-satter.cz
Or Ajax Search from Rupostel - look at the www.zelenazeme.cz or www.cannadorra.hu

If you use dedicated server or VPS, you can free download Elasticsearch and install it to your server. It's totally free without any monthly cost.
You can use Searchly replace for AWS in case you are not able to install Elasticsearch to the server, Searchly is very reasonable price cloud Elasticsearch service.
FYI.

Dud3

Since nobody wanted to do this, I've made it on my own.

Here is the github link to the package which contains all plugins needed to use the smart search aka finder:
https://github.com/Dudebaker/Virtuemart-Finder

The Virtuemart-Core is missing some events, so these had to be done with an additional system plugin.

Maybe the Virtuemart dev-team can add these events (would only be 4 lines of code) and maybe they can use this package as base to add it to the Virtuemart-Package.

Roderic

Thanks for your work! I've tested it in Joomla 5.1 and VM 4.2.8. Seems to work, it just runs into this error when there is characters in the product name like ß. Duplicate entry 'set weiss-de' for key 'idx_term_language'

But I think that is a Smart Search (Finder) issue, not per se your plug-in. Or maybe the collation setting. I've currently set it to: utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci

What I am missing however, is the incorporation of searching for SKU, GTIN and MPN. Currently I am using Custom Filters Pro search from Breakdesigns. Here you can also set the search to look in those fields. Would it be hard to implement this into your plug-in?