News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Shipment Plugins not able to read address - UPS problem

Started by FinalPhoenix, November 06, 2012, 02:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinalPhoenix

I am using two shipment plugins, both USPS and UPS with Virtuemart 2. Both of these plugins cannot read the Shopper Address field and continually prompt me to enter them as if the fields were blank.

I deleted the default fields in Virtuemart for the address, maybe this is the problem? How do I restore those fields if they're gone?

Latest Virtuemart: 2.012f
Joomla: 1.5.7

FinalPhoenix

Alright so I've gotten it down to the Istraxx UPS plugin having issues.

Even though I have an address entered, when I click Choose Shipment it prompts me to "Enter your address information first"

jenkinhill

Quote from: FinalPhoenix on November 06, 2012, 02:25:52 AM
Joomla: 1.5.7

Are you really using that pre-historic version? Please consider migration to Joomla 2.5.7 as all official support for Joomla 1.5.x has finished.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

FinalPhoenix

I would love to migrate to the latest version, however I do not have the luxury of doing so at this time.

So "Enter address first" is prompted by UPS not being able to read non-default virtuemart shopper fields, you'll have to edit the code of the UPS plugin or try to go back to the default tables for the shopper fields.

However UPS is now throwing

no _getUPSrates found error

Any help on what that error means?