News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How much Java is needed?How to find out?

Started by Otto0815, October 29, 2012, 20:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto0815

Hi,

maybe someone can help me here.....
I've got some problems with my site due to Javascript.......so i tried to search the problem with Firebug....

But how do i know what's needed and what's not?

This is what Firebug shows me:

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.4/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/jquery.noConflict.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/vmsite.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/facebox.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/components/com_virtuemart/assets/js/vmprices.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/media/system/js/mootools-core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/media/system/js/core.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/media/system/js/modal.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="/media/system/js/mootools-more.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="http://www.xxxxxxxx.de/modules/mod_maximenuck/assets/moomaximenuck.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">

Can someone explain this to me?

PRO

Otto0815,
It's the maximenu more than likely conflicting

I use core joomla + vmart js only & do not have problems.

I tested a few of the mega menus, and always had conflicts

I ended up doing my own css only & separate J modules
http://www.kaizenmediaworks.com/multi-column-dropdown-joomla-menu-w-seperate-modules

You might can ask over at the maxi menu forums if they have a suggestion. It's normally a simple fix to keep them from conflicting

Otto0815

The problems even exists if Maximenu is turned of....

The mainproblem is the modalbox if i want to add some things to the cart....it pops-up, but it wont close automaticly...

PRO

Otto0815

Quote from: PRO on October 30, 2012, 11:46:10 AM
it does not close automatically

Are you sure?
If i remenber it right, in the early versions of VM2, it pop's up and is closing after 1-2 seconds......and you stay on the page where you clicked it...

Or am i completly wrong?

jenkinhill

No, not in 2.0 but in the old VM1.1 version it did that, but was complained about a lot so people used to hack the JavaScript to change the function.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum