News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

HSBC CPI Integration

Started by jon.hathaway, July 22, 2005, 19:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chikkensoop

Nope, absolutely nothing thrown back... it goes through the checkout process asking the user for their billing and postal address, pick a postage type, then gets to a summary screen where I would guess it would launch the user over to the HSBC servers to enter payment details... but the form on that page simply has http://www.insertsitenamehere.com/index.php as the target of the form around the button they click to continue.

Any thoughts?

ssm

Are HSBC still offering HSBC CPI Integration? I couldn't find any details on their site.

Man, its complicated trying to find a suitable online merchant account and an Online Payment Services Provider.

I just want to try and move from the less professional Worldpay.

Please help.

stovesy

Quote from: chikkensoop on October 24, 2005, 11:51:36 AM
Nope, absolutely nothing thrown back... it goes through the checkout process asking the user for their billing and postal address, pick a postage type, then gets to a summary screen where I would guess it would launch the user over to the HSBC servers to enter payment details... but the form on that page simply has http://www.insertsitenamehere.com/index.php as the target of the form around the button they click to continue.

Any thoughts?
Check the configuration tab for the payment module.
You should have a whole host of code in the Payment Extra Info field.
This is where we generate a button to jump to the HSBC site.
If it's not there, click the Reset Extra Info button, to replace with default code.

Let me know how you get on.
On another note, I've started looking at the HSBC API. I'll post up another thread as I get it a little more working.

chikkensoop

I've reset the extra info and the target of the confirm order form/submit button is still /index.php...

I've set the store's checkout process to standard (ie shipping address, billing address, payment, complete order), I've uploaded the hsbc files from this thread (the latest ones), set all the relevant keys, urls etc in the config, there's all the standard code in the payment extra info field and it still doesnt work :(

stovesy

Just a though. Are you using the latest file ?

It's in Downloads Home » mambo-phpShop Files »  Payment Modules.

husayt

I am not sure, but maybe the reason is that you are not using SSL.

Actually question: does it matter?? I have read in HSBC documentation that SSL connection is must. Did anybody manage to get it working on unsecure connection?

Thanks in advace.

devkungfoo

in my experience ssl is a must...

stovesy

Yep. HSBC need a secure connection

devkungfoo

its proably best that you call the hsbc cpi support and ask them to give you a detailed list of the errors they are recieving. its the only really effective way of knowing where the problem lies

devkungfoo

if its not getting to hsbc then double check your form action value to make sure its send it to right hsbc url

also try this :

create a test page that just dumps all post variable values to the screen and then point you form action to this page.
then try out a purchase and see exactly what post variables it is creating.

husayt

chikkensoop,
did you manage to find the problem and solution?? if yes, please, share with us.

jdlmarsh

Quote from: stovesy on September 14, 2005, 12:27:42 PM
!!! FINALLY !!!

It's working.
I've just managed to process my first transaction.
It needs polishing now.

I'll post the code later on today.

Hi there, I just wanted to thank you so much for making your solution available. I'm having to do an implementation using HSBC Secure ePayments and to be honest without your code I don't think I could have got the hash generation done. I haven't finished yet, but I HAVE managed to post successfullly to HSBC and get a test transaction authorised, which is 99% of the job (just need a server certificate now so that the notify & return will work properly). So - thanks again, brilliant!

P.S. In case anyone else has the following problem - if you post to HSBC without the CpiDirectResult & CpiReturnUrl fields starting https:// then HSBC doesn't respond at all, and it's difficult to identify the problem because when you phone HSBC support they say there are various problems (including the hash generation) when in fact it could be simply the lack of an 's'!

husayt

Ok,
at last I started installing this module for my clients site which is on Virtuemart.
There are some changes needed to be done for it to work because, some table names has changed in VM.

And I have got question to Stovesy. I remember you were getting 10 error code from hsbc for long time.
Could you please, remind us what was the reason and how did you solve it.
Apparently I have got the same issue.

All the best.

stovesy

You've got me scratching my head about the error 10 thing.
I'll have a trawl through my notes and see if I can dig something out about it.

husayt

It is ok Stovesy,
everything is working fine now.
My fault it was, I missed a comma (!!!!) in parameters for hash key. Everything is working fine now. Excellent.

One more question. Billing and delivery details. How can i switch them off from appearing on HSBC website??
I don't need them.

Thanks.