News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Could I show the discount price caculated by QUANTITY PLUGIN

Started by wzyefd, October 22, 2012, 18:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wzyefd

Hi,
I have installed the QUANTITY PLUGIN.
It works fine when you input the quanity configured in the rang.
But how can I show the discount at any quantity,so the shopper could see the discount when they first visit the product page.
Because maybe they does not know more discount when the buy more and the default quanity is 1.
I wish my shopper firstly visit the product page,they could see this price list:
1-10 PCS   10$
10-20 PCS  8$
20-40 PCS  6$

PolishedGeek

Most likely, you can alter the template to show them. But I think it might look best if they were presented in a module on the product page. You could have someone build you a custom module to display the prices dynamically for the product being displayed.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek, LLC   |    www.PolishedGeek.com

Creators of JoomLister - eBay Lister for Joomla!

rogyrogy

I such a module or script search was too long and I can not find help anywhere. Please will not help anyone do such a script?
Thank you very much

John2400

Just wondering if a more simple idea would be to include a link on your page in the large description- of maybe have a small window that opens when you reach your product pages -

That is : create a simple webpage - attach the code in the large description part of the product page.

Then the clients will know that buying more is better -  or just make a large symbol that bulk buying is cheaper.

eg:   ;DBuy BY BULK and SAVE[/size][/color] ;D

PRO

This can be done with a couple custom fields and a little bit of coding

you just have to have custom field positions FOR the discount

I use a custom field "string" to display
"10% Discount on 10 Or More"

But you could use this same to display a price, as well

example code, I used for the image below (it wont work for you without changing it)
<?php foreach ($this->product->customfieldsSorted[$this->position] as $field) {
         if ($field->layout_pos == discount10) {
         $theprice=$this->product->prices['salesPrice']*.9;
         $theprice=number_format($theprice, 2, '.', ',');
         echo $field->display.' '.$theprice;
         }
       }
       ?>

extra references
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104194.0
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=97419.0

[attachment cleanup by admin]

rogyrogy

Thank you for your answers, but the author of this discussion about something else in mind.
Attach the first image from VM2 administration where you can see what we mean. We need to dynamically generate a listing of the "Quantity Range" and "Final price" in detail each product.
The VM1, it shows the second image (sorry, no english) in VM2 is not possible without the added script.
Please understand us and help?

[attachment cleanup by admin]