News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VirtueMart pages break page height

Started by gkar1975, October 24, 2012, 20:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gkar1975

Hello everyone. I'm really pulling out my hair on this one and hope that someone can help.
I have a custom template and using Joomla 2.5 and Virtuemart 2.0, still a bit new to Virtuemart. I've set all pages in my template with min-height: 100% to keep the footer in place with no issues, except for the Virtuemart controlled pages. The height rule is ignored on these pages, and I'm pretty sure I've narrowed the problem down to the following styles in vmsite-ltr.css:
.output-billto span.values,.output-shipto span.values,.floatleft,span.floatleft{float:left;}
.floatleft,span.floatleft{float:left;}
I can remove these styles and get my 100% height back, but naturally that will disable any multi layouts in VM.
Any suggestions? You can view the site and the height problem here: http://www.gksdev02.com/XtremeBootcamp/index.php/store/nutrition

bytelord

Hello,

You are using a commercial template so you should ask for support here: http://www.flexiblewebdesign.com/contact
Also please read the following post: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=108212.0

You problem comes from template.css around line 76, you have there a clear:both attribute, i don't know why this exists there but please take a look, if you disable it then is working fine (your custom vm template)

.postcontent, .postcontent li, .postcontent table, .postcontent a, .postcontent a:link, .postcontent a:visited, .postcontent a.visited, .postcontent a:hover, .postcontent a.hovered {
   /* clear: both; */
    font-family: Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif;
    min-height: 100%;
}

Too much clears i think ...

So, the problem is inside your joomla template and not vm template instead that is a commercial software and you should first ask there for support :)

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

gkar1975

Thanks for your input. The min-height problem existed before installing the commercial VM template. The CSS that I outlined above comes directly from VM's default CSS file. It seems like this should be an easy fix, but I've been testing and struggling with it for days. I'm thinking that I need to include an element to clear the above floats within default.php, but I'm just not sure where in that file to place it.
As for the "too many clears", I agree with that and that was my own doing while testing. Those extra clears should all be removed as they didn't help any.
Any thoughts on adding a clear to default.php and where abouts? Or am I way off on this?

bytelord

hm i was thinking the problem with the switch view links does not change lines and displayed inline ... as i see you fixed that.

give an image example (screenshot) for what you want to to, footer is in place ... sorry may be i am not understand well for what height you wanna change.

if you don't use float then the height in some obj views in not identified.

Regards

gkar1975

If you have a look at any page in the site other than what is generated from the Store tab you'll see that the site pages are set to min-height: 100%. However, the VM CSS that is generated in the main content area of the store page ignores my min-height CSS rule. So I need to figure out where the code is being generated (I'm assuming the output code displayed within my Store page is coming from default.php) and apply the correct styles to clear the float.

bytelord

not sure if i a understand you you trying to accomplish, but try to use min-height: 100%!important;
just in case. But i don't know what should be the result to help you...

gkar1975

I gave it a shot but no go. I do appreciate your time with this though. My CSS is as follows:
.content-layout .content
{   
  margin: 0 auto;
  min-height: 100%!important;
  position: relative;
  overflow: auto;
  clear: both;
}
Using Firebug, this is the class of the container that appears to be affected, but my guess is that the VM styles are overriding it. Not sure why Firebug doesn't pull up the relevant VM styles.
Regardless, thanks again for trying. I'll keep trying different solutions.

bytelord

but on that page also is not working and you use custom height ... http://www.gksdev02.com/XtremeBootcamp/index.php/schedule/class-registration styling from html

maybe custom styling for this: <div class="sheet clearfix" style="min-height:485px;>
Your css rules somewhere avoid the height but i don't know where