News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

vm 2.0.12b Permissions: from storeadmin to admin

Started by ERNIK, October 16, 2012, 00:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ERNIK

I've been up and down this section of the forum and haven't found a working solution to this situation:

We all know that a super user has default admin permission in VM 2.0.12b and that another user with manager/administrator/registered access has storeadmin permission. 

Now, how can a storeadmin get access to Orders in the backend area?  A storeadmin does not see any Orders.  It can see Revenue Report, but no orders.

Some have mentioned to turn on the option "administered multivendor" and change the setting for the storeadmin user as a store vendor in the shopper edit section, but it just converts its permission to a simple "shopper".  Its permission level went down and not up.

So, I have 2 immediate questions:

1) how can a storeadmin permission be changed to admin and therefore be able to see Orders?.   

2) how many permission levels are available in VM 2.0.12b?

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

danieb01

i've same question.
I would like to add a user for only managing orders and products.
Cannot find options to give extra right, or maybe make this person backend admin and then only rights to the virtuemart component

ERNIK

Hi Guys, is it that nobody knows the answer or maybe that it can't be done yet?   Please help.  The site I've been working on is going live next week.

Update:
After posting this message I went to virtuemart_vmusers in the database and edited the information for my 2nd user (the one without Joomla superuser permissions).  I changed the field 'perms' info to admin and now 2nd user can see all the orders.   But this is a hack and should not be the case.

fredlox

I have the same issue.  As an administrator, I can see a list of orders, however I want a user to be able to manager virtuemart only and not other backend  components in joomla, so I created a user, gave him backend access but restricted him to the virtuemart component.  Now he can see the order table but it says no records found.  Like others have mentioned, I would really like to have a user administer virtuemart without having access to other backend components.

Alternatively, it would be good to have an order manager on the front end, but I haven't seen any modules (3rd party or otherwise) that would do that.  Any suggestions or directions to find the solution. I am pretty good with php but new to joomla , so could do some hacks if I knew where to go.

Virtuemart 2.0.14
PHP 5.2.9
Joomla ! 1.7.5 Stable [ Ember ] 02-Feb-2012 14:00 GMT

fredlox

Well, replying to my own post as well as the others on this topic.

I managed to get the order list showing for the user I want to admin the vm store.  I set the user as a manager in joomla and gave him back end access but restricted him to the vm component.  Then as a temporary measure, I hacked the getOrdersList function in the orders.php in the administrator/components/com_virtuemart/models folder.  I changed the code to bypass the line where it checks for "admin" permissions.

I wouldn't put this code into production, as I am not sure about the ramifications of what I have done, but I have some clues as to what to look for.

It don't know enough about  the vm permissions schema and how it relates to joomla permissions.  Its odd that user with joomla manager access can access the vm backend and even the orders section but the model won't let any rows be returned (because the user isn't 'admin").

Hopefully someone can shed some light on the issue.

Thanks

K&K media production

Ok you must go in your database (i.e. with phpmyadmin) to the table virtuemart_vmusers. The storeadmin, the owner of the shop who will see the orders needs for virtuemart_vendor_id and user_is_vendor the value 1. You as super admin must have in both the value 0. Change this in your database and it will work.

timdl

Quote from: kkmediaproduction on November 30, 2012, 12:57:41 PM
Ok you must go in your database (i.e. with phpmyadmin) to the table virtuemart_vmusers. The storeadmin, the owner of the shop who will see the orders needs for virtuemart_vendor_id and user_is_vendor the value 1. You as super admin must have in both the value 0. Change this in your database and it will work.

this did the trick for me, thanks :-)