News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Image in checkout page. (Remove or Resize)

Started by shaunyness, October 12, 2012, 15:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaunyness

Hi, I'm using Virtuemart 2.0.6 on Joomla 2.5

Is there any way to use your product thumbnail in the checkout? (By this I mean the section where you enter billing details etc). Alternatively, does anyone know where this particular element is located in the CSS files so I can simply change the max dimensions that way?

I have attached a screenshot of how it looks at the minute.

[attachment cleanup by admin]
@shaunyness

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

shaunyness

Thanks for the response.

I have already inspected the element and have not been able to pin point the specific piece of code. I have tried adding some css to the file the attributes are inherited from ...

img {
width: 350px;
}

...This obviously works to the extent that the image now fits. However it is not specific to this image, meaning it changes all images on the website. Not exactly ideal.

I admit I'm a novice so if anyone else knows the specifics I'd be extremely grateful. Maybe even point me in the direction of the php so I can delete the image from the checkout section completely? (again not ideal but anything is better than what is there now)

[attachment cleanup by admin]
@shaunyness

jenkinhill

So let us have some more information. Those images are useless, what is needed is a url to the page with the issue.

Next, a product image does not appear in the cart for a default VirtueMart layout (even in the old 2.0.6 version), so are you using template overrides or a commercial template?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

shaunyness

I am using GK e-sport template. I changed the template to Beez_20 and the image is shown as a thumbnail next to the product name.

I can give you the link but it requires log in to view the virtuemart products so I can't imagine it being of much use. I can private mail you log in details if that helps?
@shaunyness

jenkinhill

Beez shows correctly - so the problem is with your commercial template. You should ask Gavick about this if you cannot resolvve the issue using Firebug. See  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=108212.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

shaunyness

Ok Thanks.

I tinkered some more and figured out how to remove the image. I went to the default_price.php file and deleted the line:

if(!empty($prow->image)) echo $prow->image->displayMediaThumb('',false);

I might not have a thumbnail now but at least the page is neat...It'll do for now.
@shaunyness