Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

products per row setting in mod_virtuemart_products

Started by jillymot, October 14, 2012, 07:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jillymot

I am running Joomla 2.5.7  VirtueMart 2.0.12b on the following dev site:

http://cpanel11.primary001.net/~positive/

After upgrading from 2.0.8 I am having an issue with mod_virtuemart_products module which I have displayed on Home page with Title "Our Eco Friendly Favourites".

The products are now displaying in one column on the left hand side (or 1 product per row on left hand side) and not all of the 9 products selected are being displayed - only 7.

In the mod_virtuemart_product module I have following settings:

Layout: default
Display: Featured Products
Number of displayed products : 9
Products per row : 3
Display style : Div based

I have confirmed that there are only 9 products marked as a Featured Product.

Am I missing something?  Is there another setting that needs to be changed elsewhere?  This had been working correctly displaying 3 products per row for the past 2 weeks!

I am not sure whether it is because of the upgrade.  The only other thing that has changed with the site is creating the menu on the left VIEW CATEGORIES using a Joomla menu as I was also having issues with the VirtueMart Categories menu as 3 of the categories would not display.  Everything is displaying correctly with this menu.

I don't really care what the reason is, I just need to get it fixed as it had been working correctly for the past 2 weeks but of course, now that we want to go live today, something has to go wrong!  :-\

Would really appreciate any advice on how to resolve this issue.

Best regards
Jill

khadley

I'm having a similar issue with that front page module. http://www.imaginationslive.com/c2c/.  If i remove the add to cart (which i want to be able to do) the display is vertical, if i add it then it's horizontal. What are the right setting so i force it to stay as a horizontal display?

bytelord

Hello,

Check the first site and is working fine. For the second one what's your joomla and vm version? Do you have any module template overrides? Did you try without them. For me is working great.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

khadley

Hi, I'm using Virtumart 2.0.12f  and Joomla! 2.5.4
I've left the front page without pricing and add to cart so you can see what's happening.
My settings in the module are as shown in the attached jpg

[attachment cleanup by admin]

bytelord

Hello,

For some reason css is not loaded regarding vm, have you disabled from the backend? Your custom template cause issues? Did you try without template overrides?

I think the reason is that you use a custom template and for module also s5_mod_h3_outer, that s5_mod_h3 and other s5_mod does not load the CSS .... so is an issue of your custom template, did you try to ask your template vendor?

Basically is blocking out the vmsite-ltr.css or you have disable VM CSS from the backend configuration...

Regards

khadley

I go it working horizontally now with some code the template company gave me. But it's still off in the way the way the text is... if the name of the item is long, it doesn't wrap it so each of the boxes is a different width. Is there some code i can add to adjust this?

bytelord

Again is a template issue,

But please take a look on that post to prevent long names (will be shorted) ...

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=107901.msg360857#msg360857

Regards

khadley

Hi, thanks for the link... but is there a way to wrap the text? i'd ideally like the full product title.
I've been going back and forth with the template company on the formatting of that module, and they are still pushing back on virtumart. Ideally i'd like to be able to control the module's formatting on the modules css etc, not the template's

This is what they've said. I tried the code and it works (i added it to the template.css of the theme). Any idea of what i need to do to format it from within the module?

The li's on your module are calling the following classes: width25 floatleft, but there is no css anywhere on the page that offers these class names. Virtuemart is not out-putting this code as it should, and it's not the job of the template to do this. It might work in another template if they had something like this in it's css:

ul li {
float:left;
}

But that's not a very common call.

You can add the calls to template.css that virtuemart isn't calling:

.width25 {
width: 25%;
float:left;}

bytelord

ok,

lets see it from start because i miss understand your first post. You are using a commercial joomla template which uses a custom framework which overrides everything, specially CSS and create a banch of divs and css styling, all of them are called something the following ...
#s5_nav li.active a, #s5_nav li.mainMenuParentBtnFocused a, #s5_nav li:hover a, #s5_bottom_menu_wrap a, .s5_light_modules a, #cboxWrapper a, #s5_loginreg, .s5_h3_first, #s5_va_accordion_inner h3, li.pagenav-next, li.pagenav-prev, .readmore, #s5_component_wrap h2, #s5_component_wrap h1, .contentheading, .s5_va_active:hover, .s5_va_inactive:hover, .s5_va_active, .highlight_color, ul.menu li.current a

even the code classes are overridden is many cases.

So what you can do is to check from virtuemart backend is css styling is loading ... under configuration -> Templates on area Activate Css Styles & Javascripts, please check the option Using the VirtueMart CSS

If you have already selected then your template override it...

Regards