[SOLVED] Error installing VM2.0.12b There was an error uploading to the server

Started by jnzken, October 13, 2012, 05:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jnzken

I am getting this message "There was an error uploading this file to the server"  when trying to install  VM on a new Joomla 2.5.7 install. All other components and plug-ins install ok except for VM. Memory_Limit on PHP is set to 256m. I have even tried installing VM first on a fresh install of Joomla and get the same problem.

bytelord

Hello,

Could please download and try to install it using the tar.gaz files? You can find them here: http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

jnzken

Thanks for the help. The targz.zip file loaded normally.

The reason I am doing a fresh install is to test the shopping cart. I have a site already built and am having problems with PayPal showing up in the cart. My support post is - http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=108716.0
After installing this new VM and AIO I added a test product along with shipping and Paypal. No other mods ,comp or plugins are installed except for the default . Even with the new fresh install I am not getting Paypal and or shipping to show up in the cart. When you click the link "select shipment or select payment" they give the message "Please select a shipment method We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order." and "Please select a payment method We are sorry, no payment method matches the characteristics of your order. Please ." 
I even have it installed live on my host but it gives the same problem.
Do ya have any ideas at all. I have tried everything I can think of and some of other ideas in various posts? This is the last thing I need to have a working live site.

bytelord

Hello,

What's your configuration for paypal? Can you post it? Both tabs.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!