News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM 2.0.12b displays prices in catalogue mode

Started by nullachtfuffzehn, October 09, 2012, 16:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nullachtfuffzehn

After upgrading from 2.0.8 to 2.0.12 Vm shows the prices in the product detail page when the whole shop is set to catalogue mode.

I also tried to remove all checkboxes for price display for all usergroups and in general but to no avail.

Only overriding the standard template and removing the price display section led to success. Apparently the showBasePrice method comes up with the wrong value for whatever reason.

Did anyone else notice that bug?

bytelord

Yes, i can confirm that also, test it with no overrides, prices are been displayed with catalogue mode on - may be the prices changes in 2.0.12 cause some issues. (vm2.0.12b)

Prices changes have take place, so the default vm templates have been changed (default_pricelist) and seems that some logical errors occurred when using !empty in your templates that some times not working because the have the value 0.00.

Regards
Production: Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.14 | PHP 5.3.13
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 | VM 2.0.16 | PHP 5.3.8
Testing     : Joomla 2.5.8 |    VM 2.1   | PHP 5.3.8

- Don't Forget to mark thread as solved when it is solved!
- Please do not PM with support questions, use the forum!

lysov

Yes, I have a similar problem (my site is not in the catalogue mode). After upgrading to 212b prices no longer appear from the VM product module. I check the settings in the #__virtuemart_configs table:
show_prices=s:1:"1"
But the "module modules/mod_virtuemart_product/mod_virtuemart_product.php" does not see this value:
$show_price =       (bool)$params->get( 'show_price', 1 ); // Display the Product Price?
The resulting value $show_price is empty!

ivowolfen

Vm 2.0.10->2.0.12b shows prices in Catalogue mode, restored default.php from 2.0.10 (components\com_virtuemart\views\productdetails\tmpl), and is ok now. In 2.0.12b the test is done in show_prices
template, and this row is commented, may be the problem is in default_showprices.php. Also sort order in navigation of neighbour product is still not working, its random in my shop. Products are not searchable if the product is not in current category (i'm using smart module VM - Search in Shop), if there is a product with searched name in current category, search is working...

snoopy

I am using VM with option "use only as catalog". Since upgrading from 2.0.10 to 2.0.12 I now have this ugly "Price" constant on the detailed page.

Let me add one comment. I have followed each of the upgrades released over the recent months. Not one of these updates has removed one of the bugs and rough edges I have encountered. And now with this update I have one more.  Sorry, but this is frustrating.