News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

qoute/cart qoute module

Started by psycasso, October 03, 2012, 12:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psycasso

hello,

im searching for a module quite simple, i have a site that is just catalog without prices beaucse the kind of the products so im
searching for  way to make the cart or other way to let users collect their products and in the end after they collect all and have their list/card
thare will be  a button that when click on it the system will send a mail to us with the "qoute" and we will send back by mail even manually.

the way i see it the only thing need to be done its to disable payment option and create button that will send the cart/ list to us by mail.

thanks..

Master_gray

Good day psycasso

this is a step by step.

I have a quote system and this is what i think you need to do - you don't need your site on catalog for this

step 1)remove your site from catalog

i use the live site (that has the add to cart button) so that the client can still order the products without having any problems with unnecessary steps so it a basic shoping cart,you don't want the prices to show right so what you do is don't add a price to the products in step 2 is the why you change the price word.

step 2)change the price word to something else

Change the price name (this is for in the products details page) to something like "Receive price on quote" something like this - to change the word go to Extensions/language manager/on the overrides tab click on new then in the right side search for Price then select the type of pricing you use click on it then on the left side in the text box change the words to yours save&close.

step 3)Stop the order mail thats send to the client

Follow this tutorial on this website to stop the mail from sending to the client
http://www.artio.net/de/support-forums/vm-invoice/customer-support/how-to-stop-vm-2-generated-invoices-from-emailing

Note:if a client bought something and you tell VM to send them a mail it will - but on checkouts VM doesn't send a mail.

Step 4) change the payment method to the default VM method it works for me

Than you can manually send them a mail with the your quote - this is 9 months of searching for answers but glad to help
if you have any questions PM me or just post here - PM me to let me know you posted- haha

regards Master_gray